PDA

View Full Version : babysitter

smiths
22-09-08, 11:35
hi i agreed to babysit for a friend later now im worried im going to have a p/a while im there
im getting myself worked up already and in tears

gtrgrl3369
22-09-08, 12:39
If you feel like you are going to have one then make sure the kids are safe and leave the room to calm yourself. You dont want to frighten the children. If it helps they might be able to keep your mind off of having one, find a game to play or read to them. Take something of comfort with you when you go and know that nothing bad has happened before and wont now. Kudos to you for going and doing this. Dont cancel as it will only make you feel worse. You will make it, nd then you will feel so much better that you accomplished this small step. Good luck.:yesyes:

smiths
22-09-08, 12:42
thank you for your words of encouragement i was thinking that maybe the kids would take my mind off it as there are 3 to babysit !!:)

im just really worked up and in floods of tears one minute i think i can do this next i think i need to cancel :weep:
im not going to though

gtrgrl3369
22-09-08, 12:50
Go ahead and cry it makes me feel better ll the time. Once this is over you will feel so much better. The kids do have a way of keeping your mind off of things. It will be ok, take deep breaths and drink some water. Let us know how you did. Be proud of yourself, you have gotten this far.

smiths
22-09-08, 13:00
thank you for your kind words
im wondering y ive put myself in this position when i know i will get worked up but then i think y should i let it get to me i cant stay in forever

janeybaby25
22-09-08, 13:08
hi I can get like this when I watch my friend's kid but I tend to find, she keeps me that busy by wanting to stick all sorts of clips in my hair & do my make up & draw stuff, my mind is taken off the anxiety & before I know it, its time to had her back again!