PDA

View Full Version : dont know what to do

becs
22-09-08, 11:38
i am really trying to cope with this illness but its getting me down i feel like its a constant struggle to fight against it i have had a busy few days having family over i am finding it difficiut to know what to do for the best do i keep trying carry on and see people this is hard even small talk feels so hard i cant concentrate feel absent minded and so self consious worried what people think especially because i am off work , i cant beleive the other day someone asked where i live and i forgot the name of the street it really hurt trying to find the answer in my brain this really scares me, what if this stays with me , what if i never get better , i know i have to stop this negative mind chatter but its so hard just want to be back to normal and get through a day without worrying , feel over sensitive too . on the other hand do i hide away from people and do as little as possible and just care for the children .
the other thing is i feel like the last two weeks have been a year this drags ,time seems to stand still , does anyone else feels this .
i am on 10 mg citralapram and seeing my gp tomorrow got a feeling he is going to say increase the dose to 20 mg , but dont know if i can do that feel bad as it is dont want to feel worse from the side effects which i have had before .
the other thing is i feel the same as i did when i first started these meds but i dont cry i suppose i am feeling a little calmer but before when i cried it was almost a release feel almost emotionless now .
i am feeling cross now too why is this happening to me just want to get on with life and enjoy it to be able to work and enjoy my family and not find every day simple things so hard , its hard to say above water .:huh:

Cathy V
22-09-08, 11:52
Sorry becs, i think ive answered you other post. When you say illness, do you mean anxiety caused by what happened with the hair dye? Its such a shame that the resulting reaction has left you with these fears. And you're right when you say that it will just keep on if you allow it to. The key is to try and think of it as a blip in your system due to the physical reaction of the chemicals in the dye, and if you let the anx take over then the origional cause will be forgotten. Hopefully in time these feelings will get better.
Take care
Cathy xxx

becs
22-09-08, 12:08
i suppose i am worrying because this has happened before i think its when my body has a shock last so probably a combination of both time was after my daughter was born well actually she was 5 months but i had also had my gall bladder removed when she was 3 months old and there was the sllep depreviation from having a baby .
i had to have time off too think i was off work for about three months bit of a blur that time in my life but know i felt exactly the same as i do now i suppose in a way this does reasure me that this is anxiety and nothing else is wrong with me and this will diminish just need to give it time .
the first time this happened to me i had anxiety for 6 months and this was after a pregnancy loss , this was 5 years ago now , again i got etter bit it took time , however i know it wont take that long this time god it was so frightening first time i had to referred to a neurologist to investigate whether i had MS because of the pins and needles and tingling sensations .
sorry to go on but felt this would give a better picture , going to gp tomorrow i think i might ask about therapy i i think there might be times in my my past that have made me more vunerable to this anxiety . thankyou for your replies sorry about any wrong spellings