PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn and eating

EmmaJane
24-05-05, 17:51
Hi all,

Just a quick question before I go into panic mode again, and search the internet.

I have been anxious for a few days, but nothing unbearable, only looking for symptoms wrong with me again, other than that ive been ok.

Thing is I had beans on toast for breakfast this morning and couldnt eat much of it, then took my prozac. After taking the prozac, I got heartburn. Since then I have had wind, heartburn comes and goes rather than constant. But what is worrying me, is I feel like ive got a lump in my throat and whenever I swallow, it really hurts my back.

Does anyone know what im talking about and if so, have you any advice.

Ive taken Ranatadine.

Thank you

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

carlin
24-05-05, 18:25
Hi Emma Jane,
I know exactly what your talking about, i was the same today, even before i had eaten anything, i find that scary too. I sometimes take pepcid 2, but don't know if you can take them with other medicines, still now i have that awful feeling you describe, i think it is due to anxiety throwing something else at us! hard work sometimes isn't it? By the way don't go searching for symptoms etc.. it will only increase your feelings and make you more aware and scared, take care and keep in touch.

nomorepanic
24-05-05, 18:26
I have terrible indigestion at the moment - it started last night and I couldn't sleep cos of it. Had to sleep sitting up in the end which was not comfortable. Mine is in the back of my throat so when i eat or drink it hurts there.

I take Alka Seltzer or milk for mine but if it doesn't get better I have some drugs from the doc called Losec.

Have you tried peppermint - that helps me as well.

It is horrid isn't it and I can sympathise cos I am suffering too.

Hope you feel better soon.

Nicola

seh1980
24-05-05, 19:02
I have never had this but it sounds horrible!! You poor people - hope you all feel better soon. :D

sal
24-05-05, 23:34
Hi Em

I know exactly how you feel i take gaviscon most days to clear my heart burn but recently i am taking more and more and have that feeling that there is a lump in my throat. It doesnt feel like anything major to disturb me but probably because i put it down to anxiety. Just feel like i have eaten something and it wont move even though i know i havent and it doesnt matter how much water i drink it wont move.

Horrible isnt it and i am now buying gavilast tablets that are supposed to be stronger but some nights i am still taking 2.

Next move is to go back to the liquid or try Zantac.

What do you take to help you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

flinty90
01-06-05, 13:01
Hi all, i have just been diagnosed with helicobacter pylori, this can create all the symptoms you are all talikng about, i dont want to put another illness in front of you however i have had thuis for a couple of years. the treatment is antibiotics along with proton pump inhibitors.i advise thyat you stay away from milk or minty sweets for a while as milk is ok for a little while then it produces yet more acid into your stomach which would cause the heartburn and stomach pains.peppermint could also aggrevate a ulcer if you have one. ulcers are another main problem with this terrible disease. just a thought. try eating a little porridge for breakfast and keep your foods a little more blander for a few days and see if this helps. avoid coffee and alchohol and spicy food. just eat plenty of veg and potatoes fish and chicken but small amounts every 3 hours... hope this makes you feel better ??

Meg
01-06-05, 13:31
Thanks Flinty for your contribution. Hope yours gets better soon.

Before you all start surfing..

Helicobacter pylori is a rod bacteria that can live on the lining of the stomach and duodenum. Up to 30 % of all of us have it at some point , some may get symptoms others may have no symptoms at all- ever.

It is associated with gastritis.

It is diagnosed by a breath test and is easily irradicated by antibiotic therapy so no need for anyone to get in a flap..

However, many of you are describing heart burn/ throat tightening which may be associated with gastritis but gastritis also has other additional symptoms that have not been described by any of you...

I get that throat/ back thing particulularly when eating potatoes or when I haven't chewed my food properly when I'm rushing ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

mjh74
01-06-05, 22:52
I get all these symptoms but they all tie in to the 'lump in the throat' anxiety thing. I've always suffered from bad heart burn and seem to get it for patches at a time. I just tend to eat blander foods for a while and avoid caffeine, dairy products, acidic drinks. My anxiety creates the lump in the throat which in turn causes me an increase in stomach acid which in turn creates the lower lump in my throat and gullet which makes my gullet feel a bit restricted and I get a dull ache in my back.

Just my 2 penneth,

Mark :D

sal
02-06-05, 00:34
Hi Em

I am still suffering and on the gavilast tablets that include Ranatadine. Tesco do a cheaper brand but havent got one near me.

How is it going for you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

stimpy
02-06-05, 01:38
Hi Guys

I would suggest trying a low fat, low spice diet for a few days and see if that helps.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

sal
02-06-05, 01:44
Hi Liz

Tried it but regardless it comes on an evening and i have to take the tablets. I have tried alsorts but guess i must be prone to it.

Love Sal xx

nomorepanic
02-06-05, 19:27
Sal

When does it come on at night - after eating? before eating? after alcohol? etc

Just wondering what triggered it.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

EmmaJane
03-06-05, 18:48
Hi all, It all seems fine now. Thank you for your postings.

Sal how are you feeling now? I done the simple drinking warm water, this helped a lot.

Take Care

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

seh1980
03-06-05, 20:47
Glad you're feeling better Emma :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal