PDA

View Full Version : Am i causing this myself??

Donna 1978
22-09-08, 13:55
Hi

Only joined today, but need to know if i am causing this myself?

I have gave up smoking in may this year using Champix. For the last few weeks i have been getting worked up about going out, so much so that i keep getting really bad upset tummy, I have this dread that i am going to be ill in public.

Could my fear of this being causing me to keep getting an upset tummy and if so any advice would be so greatfully recieved.

Thanks in advance Donna xx

Dazza
22-09-08, 18:00
Stomach and digestive discomfort / disorders are a common result of stress and anxiety. I have been diagnoses with duodenitis (inflammation of the stomach and upper intestinve) due to stress! Amazing what it can do to your body.

It sounds like you are getting one of the physical symptoms of anxiety - the upset or queazy tummy.

It's not you per se that is causing it (don't make yourself feel quilty unecessarily), it's the anxiety causing it.

Trixie
22-09-08, 18:35
My daughter has hardly left the house in 5 years and when she does (usually for medical reasons) she gets diarrhoea.

Donna 1978
23-09-08, 14:19
Hi Dazza & Trixie,

Thank you both for your replies. It is so good to have found this site. I have never had any of these kind of problems before and it is very scary. I will keep reading and posting and try to deal with it.

Thanks again Donna xx