PDA

View Full Version : escitlopram

suzuki
24-05-05, 18:06
I've just taken my second escitlopram today 10mg in all. Six to Seven hours after taking it i have this terrible rush of impending doom its terrifying i'm also struggling with derealisation as well. Feeling an alien to everything and everyone not knowing whether here or not. Shall i stop these tablets? Can anyone help me its awful.

tracyp584
24-05-05, 18:10
hi suzuki,

I have never taken escitolopram, but have had citalopram. I did have similar feelings as you. It is quite commom i think to have these kind of side effects at the start,but they should wear off. Perhaps if you find it too much, speak to your GP?

tracy x x

seh1980
24-05-05, 18:52
hi suzuki,

i was on escitalopram and i felt horrible at first. These side-effects will go away after a week or so so do stick with it as it will really help in the long run..

Sarah :D

sal
24-05-05, 23:53
Hi Hun

the side affects do wear down after a few days. Can be worse than how you feel at the moment but in time if meant to work can make you feel so much better, give them a little more time and see how you feel.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

mjh74
25-05-05, 11:13
Hi Suzuki,

I have been taking Escitalopram for 7 weeks now and was started on a lower dose to avoid the feelings you've mentioned. I started on 5mg and stepped up to 10mg after a month. Even on 5mg for about a week I would have small bouts of sharp fear as if someone had just held me at gun point. I'm now handling things a lot better than I was and feel a lot better on these meds, side effects have gone.

Best Wishes,

Mark

Armyvet99
25-01-14, 00:28
I just started this meds as well (lexapro) and I'm on day 4 of 10mgs, I've noticed a surge of anxiety today. Mini panic attacks but hoping they will subside soon..I have noticed positive effects like better sleep and more energy. I've taken this med in past with good results hang in there u are not alone:D

Army vet :-)

scaredsobad
25-01-14, 00:55
Hi there! I have been on cipralex for 2 weeks, but the first day I took it at 10mg and felt really strange, but I went to my doc and I asked if I could just take half a pill a day and she said that woud be ok at 5mg and I find it has helped me sleep better so far, but I am stil dealing with my "anxiety" not as badly and my depression seems to be lifting not completely healed yet though! Hope you feel better with this, take care!