PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me?

thinker_bell
22-09-08, 15:50
hi, i went for blood tests last wk, had loooads taken as the dic was worried as i was showin signs of diabetes, aneamia, and b12 deficciency i think, i phoned for my results today and they said the doc wants to see you on friday at 4pm as all your tests came back normal except your full blood count and he wants to discuss it with you and give you further blood tests in 4 wks n thats all thay could tell me.. am i right to be worried? i feel totally left in the dark and anxious.. can anyone help.. does anyone know anythin about these kinds of things??

thinker_bell
22-09-08, 15:51
i meant to write doc not dic.. sorry

bottleblond
22-09-08, 15:59
Hi Tinker

Try not to worry hun, they have to call you back in even for the smallest of abnormalities, it could be that you are slightly anemic, anything like that at all. If you are worried then give them a call back and explain and maybe your doctor could talk to you on the phone.

Love Lisa
xxx

london
22-09-08, 16:36
i think if it was bad news he would not wait till friday to see you

seeker
22-09-08, 17:32
Yes, I agree - probably anaemia, wants to give you iron pills and then test again in a month. If you're that concnerned (as I would be!), maybe phone and ask if a doctor could quickly phone you back at the end of surgery to say which result is out?

Dazza
22-09-08, 17:40
I agree with Lisa - to set your mind at ease, give your GP a call and ask them to allay your fears.

diane07
22-09-08, 18:25
Yep i agree with lisa and dazza, phone them and tell them its left you in a panic, they just don't think sometimes, the full blood count is for allergies aswell it could be something as simple as that.

di xx

thinker_bell
22-09-08, 19:10
thankyou all for your replies.. its impossible to talk to a doctor or get an appointment earlier than friday but im sure ur right in that its probably an allergy or just low in iron but all my symptoms have been quite bad n im very concerned, thanks for giving the time to reply tho
xxx

amandaj
22-09-08, 20:34
maybe it is vb12 deficiency ive got that its treatable, and the symptoms before you are diagnosed are not nice ,but mine is controlled with a injection every 3 months what symptoms are you getting?

SamanthaAU
23-09-08, 02:03
I agree that if it was urgent they would have called you in straight away regardless of how busy your Doctor is.

Hope you worry has eased a little by now.

Cheers,
Sam xxxx

LeeBee
23-09-08, 08:26
As everyone else has said, I'm sure they would have got you in sooner if it was something serious. Hope it all goes well, let us know how you get on thinker! :)

joyce1980
23-09-08, 14:13
thankyou all for your replies.. its impossible to talk to a doctor or get an appointment earlier than friday but im sure ur right in that its probably an allergy or just low in iron but all my symptoms have been quite bad n im very concerned, thanks for giving the time to reply tho
xxx

Oh yeah I'm sure your fine, If he thinks you have a b12 deficiency then that would show in your blood count as well as anemia.

I'll bet he wants to see you about some iron tablets and b12 injections, try to relax because if it was really important he would see you the day the bloods came or the next day at the latest, let me know how i:bighug1: t goes