PDA

View Full Version : blood in stools

le1986
22-09-08, 22:32
very very worried and anxious right now as ive had abdominal pain for a while, since a stomach parasite i had a month ago, and now noticed a new symptom.

i was prescribed antibiotics to clear the bug, but ive started having stomach pains again recently, not the same sort, and also have noticed what appears to be a bit of blood in my stools the last 2 days.

really worried this is something serious and not related to the bug i had at all.

going to a doctor shortly to give a sample, but can't calm down. feeling terrible right now.

mabelina
22-09-08, 22:57
Im not going to tell you to try not to worry cos when people say the same thing to me, it doesnt work. Not until ive seen my GP anyways. When you say you had a stomach bug, did by any chance you pooped a lot? If yes, then im more inclined to think maybe you've caused a tear in your back passage? (sorry, dont know how else to put it). Maybe its also piles? My friend used to bleed when he pooped, so much so that he could cover a whole couple of sheets in blood. It turned out to be piles, nothing serious at all.

kellie
22-09-08, 22:57
Hiya, i know it aint easy to stay calm when you are worried
but you could simply have internal piles that are causing the blood in your stools.
have you been checked for piles
they are not always on the outside some are internal and can be quite high up.
try to calm down untill you have the tests done
take care

KaylaMarie
22-09-08, 23:04
I had blood in my stool at one point as well With severe stomache pain...
But It cleared up in a day. I was VERY worried, but it turned out that I was straining to go to the bathroom and that caused a tear. Maybe this is what happened to you? I can not say for sure, but I know family members that have gotten bloody stool for apparently no reason...They never got it checked out, but they are fine. I hope this comforts you, at least until you get checked out. ^.^
-hugs-

Benjy83
23-09-08, 10:34
Hey,

I have had blood on my stools before. It comes and goes I went to the grs and had 'the test'. I was adamant it was bowel cancer but it wasn't it was a scratch. Was the blood bright red or dark?

Hope everything goes well :yesyes: