PDA

View Full Version : soooo

bluewoman
23-09-08, 02:06
i am supposed to start an exercise group tomorrow but i get waves of this horrible wierd low blood sugar feeling almost every day!! sometimes it lasts 30 minutes and sometimes a few hours. this is the thing that freaks me out the most. anyway it is supposedly anxiety but i do not really believe that (i wish i did).. my question is do you guys think the exercise will make that worse? also has anyone else felt like this?

pooh
23-09-08, 02:14
Hi blue

I think you should at least try the excercise. Just make sure you have an isotonic drink with you.

Pooh x

Phill2
23-09-08, 02:35
Hi Blue
Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia) and anxiety produce very similar feelings
Phill :shades:

nettles
23-09-08, 08:09
Hi Blue,
I know exactly what you mean. I think I suffer from low blood sugar, although I haven't had this checked by the doc, I have just noticed the connection between my diet and my anxiety. I never feel like I have the energy to do exercise even if I've had a decent breakfast, I feel lightheaded and hungry soon after. From what I've read and everything people have told me, exercise is the answer if you can feel confident enough to go for it. It should improve how you feel and give you more confidence in your body. Just make sure you've eaten lots of slow burning carbs a few hours before and keep a banana to hand to refuel if you feel dizzy. I'd be interested to know how it goes if you try it.
Nettles X

leeg
23-09-08, 09:03
i too am sure i suffer low blood sugar i feel ill and its as if i have trouble speaking my words dont come out right and it goes away bout half an hour after i eat but ive never been checked by doc it maybe is just my anxiety i would say go for it and if it helps let me know good luck xx

bluewoman
23-09-08, 14:42
well that is the thing i know my blood sugar is not low when it happens (i check it) i also have been tested for anemia.. there is no answer for it which is why they say anxiety but it just feels like something really wrong is happening in my body besides anxiety..

how often does that happen to you guys and do you feel really weak and faint when it does??

Anna C
23-09-08, 15:21
Hi,

I don't get the same symptoms, but exercise could give you something to focus on and distract you for awhile. I know exercise makes me feel happier and less anxious. :)

Anna xx

bab
23-09-08, 20:24
have banana and toast an hour before then take drink with you - you will feel so much better for excercising

bluewoman
24-09-08, 21:55
thanks everyone i actually did really good and am glad i went!!

bab
24-09-08, 22:01
thats brill - well done you xxx