PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobic or not?

Malton Seadog
23-09-08, 08:38
I have no agorophobic feelings whatsoever, and am actually happier when I'm out of the house.

Just wondering - in the form of a simple poll - how many people actually suffer with it, and am I unusual in that I have none of it's symptoms at all?

pooh
23-09-08, 10:45
I Have no problems going or being anywhere it s the forms of transport I have to take that get me. If i could snap my fingers and be in australia I'd be fine but I dont think transport is that advanced yet lol

Pooh x

Alabasterlyn
23-09-08, 10:45
I have no agorophobic feelings whatsoever, and am actually happier when I'm out of the house.

Just wondering - in the form of a simple poll - how many people actually suffer with it, and am I unusual in that I have none of it's symptoms at all?

I'm a bit confused lol! I guess from what you say that you don't have agoraphobia at all if you have none of the symptoms :huh:

Nechtan
23-09-08, 15:24
For most of the past 3 years I have been stuck indoors but I am getting about more now. Still it is only a small distance but hopefully with time it will get better.

All the best

Nechtan

keepemlaughing
23-09-08, 16:00
I am out in the workforce everyday. No time for anxiety about leaving home.

Davvid
24-09-08, 09:35
Some days I can go several miles. Other days I can't go from the house.
Sometimes I can go out in the morning but by the afternoon I can't go.
I don't know why it varies like that.

When I was in work it was the same. I had no time for anxiety but it came anyway and disrupted everything I had to do.

nettles
25-09-08, 13:53
For me it's the distance from home. I haven't left London or gone abroad in years. If it's just local I can go out any time, any day. I think it's related to the ease with which I can get home quickly if I need to. After being housebound for a period in my teenage years I make a point of going out every day whether I need to or not as I never want to get that bad again.

titchjd
29-09-08, 22:36
I hate leaving the house and doing anything outside of house ..just gone bak 2 work and find it so scary ..if people invite me 2 go ANYWHERE i will be very anxious about it and will pull out and make excuses not 2 go .....but must admit I am getting better at saying yes 2 things even though I will be anxious xx...I just suffer such bad anxiety I fear it will happen wherever i go and it usually does so learning how 2 deal with it when it does thats the key 4 me xxxxxxxxx