PDA

View Full Version : CBT--had my first session

jellybean43
23-09-08, 11:24
Hi everyone
Well i went for my first session yesterday! I am having 3 initial sessions to assess me and then after that up to 16 sessions depending on how he thinks i am!!
I found it quite exhausting cos once i started talking i was "on a roll" and at one point even found myself crying telling him everything. He says I defo have HA and also he says other issues which we will deal with over the weeks.
In all fairness I felt a bit "down" yesterday after the session cos you have to go back to everything and some of it i had forgotton. I then found myself checking for lumps and bumps again as it brought it all back.
However, I know that this is just the beginning. I have "homework" to do and I am hoping that this will be the start of me getting 100% better!!!
Did anyone else find it exhausting at first but worth it in the long run??
Thanks x

Dazza
23-09-08, 11:35
Hi Jellybean,

Great to know that you have started CBT. I am hoping to find it soon...i'm on a waiting list with a local counsellor, and I hope that she/he offers CBT.

I've had friends who have been through the CBT process and it helped them immensely.

Like all therapies, I think a lot of the work will lay with you as the individual, so you will find it exhausting at times... but it will be worth it in the end (look at my signature below). You will look back in a few weeks and months, and it will only be then that you will realise just how far forward you would have brought yourself!

Good luck with it and keep us posted of your progress.

jannnne
23-09-08, 11:39
I have had CBT any yes it does help but its not easy and takes lots of hard work and practice. Last time I had mole HA is didnt help this time with my Acid Reflux HA I am finding I can use it but it is not a fix all its a bit like putting your thumb and a burst pipe I can still feel the pressure to go back to my old ways just me and mr google I MUST RESIST.

honeybee3939
23-09-08, 11:39
Hi Jelly

WELL DONE for going hun !! Im sure you will find the CBT benificial. I remember the first time i went i had to tell him my life history and like you i broke down in tears, i remember there been a tissue box on his desk so i can imagine this happens to most people. The first appointment did bring back alot of bad memorys for me having to explain things but the therapists needs to know everything about us so he can help. From then on it got better like im sure it will for you hun.

Keep us informed how your next appointment goes wont you?

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

HeatherMc
23-09-08, 12:29
Hiya

I have had three sessions of CBT,for HA she gave me sheets the first time and when you read through them they do make sense, maybe not the first time but if you re-read them things start sinking in slowly, don't worry about crying I work in a psychiatric out patients and we go through tissues like you would not believe loads of people cry their eyes out when relaying their problems and feelings, its natural the doctors see this all the time don't worry about it its just embarassing at the time, I have seen lots of people cry when they have worked themselves into a state

Good Luck and Take Care

Heather

joyce1980
23-09-08, 14:08
My cbt is with a computer and I feel like im not worth anyones time, lucky im back on my meds.

I will be back in aus soon so I plan to book and pay for a shrink as I really need a proffesional who is also a Dr and that's what phsychiatrists are.

Lissy43
23-09-08, 14:31
My first session was exhausting, I had to bring up alot about my childhood which upset me alot.

It is helping now though.

Good luck.

RosieXXX
23-09-08, 15:06
Well done Jellybean,

I am sure you will find your CBT sessions really helpful. Like the other people say it is hard work, and you do have to work through various problems, but it will be worthwhile in the long run.:hugs: