PDA

View Full Version : Question about symptoms

tashbarnes87
23-09-08, 17:53
Hello, if you think about something all day such as dying etc but dont actually have a panic attack is this enough to get anxiety Symptoms. I have been convinced that i am going to die of lung cancer for about a month now. I havent had any panic attacks or anything but i have just thought about it every second of everyday for a whole month and i wonder if this is physically taking a toll on my body. I do get upset but i tend to keep it to myself and not let it out emotionally. I keep getting told that my symptoms are anxiety related but i am not convinced ( i know everyone feels like this :) )

xx

bottleblond
23-09-08, 18:15
Sounds to me like you have Health Anxiety. If your health is constantly on your mind and it is worrying you without any major symptoms then i would defo say it was anxiety related. Have a wee read though the health anxiety section on the left hand side of the forum and i am sure you will get lots of information there.

Best of luck hun and please try not to worry too much about it.

Love Lisa
xxx

titch
23-09-08, 18:23
yer i get the constant fears hun..sounds to me like anxiety related too or health anxiety...positive thoughts hunni....tc xxx

Anxious_gal
23-09-08, 19:37
i have anxiety for 10 years, only started to get panic attacks two years ago, you don't need to have panic attacks to have anxiety.

tashbarnes87
23-09-08, 19:39
So just constant worrying is enough to have anxiety symptoms?

jannnne
23-09-08, 21:14
Yes sorry, I don't have panic attacks just different levels of worry, I have thought about cancer all day for about 6 weeks now I am just constantly aware of my health.

joyce1980
24-09-08, 09:17
Yep you don't need to have panic attacks to have health anxiety, you can make yourself very ill just worrying 24/7

Your body becomes run down as the chemicals released during stress take their toll on your health and that's where a lot of the symptoms come from.

too much Cortisole and adrenaline can affect the body in a negative way and although it wont cause perm damage it really really makes you ill.

Tired
Bowel problems
Twitches
Itchy skin / hives
Vision problems
mouth problems ( lumpy throat and saliva issues, can't swallow)
Ache under the rib cage
Burning chest and throat (from acid)
urinating a lot
loss of apetite
Hair loss, the worst !!!!
dry skin
painful tummy spasms
bad taste in the mouth

Man I could go on and on, I have been so unwell from these things and they cause more worry and your brain gets so out of control, racing 30miles per hour and ya feel like it will never stop.

As you can tell I have been very upset by the whole experience, sorry to ramble on x x