PDA

View Full Version : Just found out im pregnant!

mabelina
23-09-08, 19:58
Im two weeks gone, found out today after taking three tests. Already my anxiety levels have hit the roof and all the symptoms are back. Im absolutely terrified of childbirth and hospitals. Im shaking, shivering, legs are like jelly, and palps. I know every twinge i get from now on is going to set my panic attacks off. Ive had sharp pains in my stomach off and on today and im already thinking something is wrong. I feel like im in a bad dream and want to wake up:weep:

smiths
23-09-08, 20:04
hi

though i can understand that you are anxious im sure everything will be fine

LoveMusic
23-09-08, 20:48
Hi, i'm sorry you are feeling anxious over your news. Why not call a friend or relative to talk it over?

Maybe a helpline?

Just make sure you breathe, try to calm down and communicate how you feel xxxx

keepemlaughing
23-09-08, 20:58
Is this your first child?

Alisonj
24-09-08, 01:18
I had severe anxiety with my third child. It was really really bad. I stayed on medication throughout my pregnancy because there was no way I could manage without it. Please see your doctor and let them know how you feel asap!

kendo59
24-09-08, 01:30
Congrats on your good news. It's only natural to feel nervous, after all, it is one of the biggest events in a womans life!
Do you have family/friends around, someone who has had kids, to chat with & give you some emotional support?

LeeBee
24-09-08, 05:36
Were you trying to get pregnant? There are quite a few threads around pregnancy and anxiety on here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6435
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=35312

As others have said, be a good idea to talk to friends/relatives and get some support so you don't have to cope with this alone. We're in here if you need us too.

holly01
24-09-08, 05:57
mabelina i had the same sortof problem when i was pregnant with my 2nd child, anxiety came back with a vengance and all i did was worry about every little thing! BUt once u hit that delivery room i was fine no panic or anything (have u had a child before?) Try and get your hands on a relaxation techniques for child birth book helped me tremendosly, but i think your mind will be totally occupied while you are in labour you wont have time for panic honey.

pinkpiglet
24-09-08, 08:29
Hi Mabelina,
Although i planned for my baby it was a huge shock as I got caught on much sooner than i anticipated. It was my first baby and i was terrified as my mum had suffered terribly with PND and I worried that i was going to get it too. However, my worries soon disappeared and i started to relax into my pregnancy. My anxiety disappeared altogether, i didnt get any attacks, I felt confident again for the first time in years. Infact i felt amazing, very healthy and full of energy. As for the childbirth! Yeah, it hurts and it's hard slog (hence the term 'labour') but look at the reward you will get for it!! it is the most joyous and rewarding moment to hold your baby in your arms. Every mum to be fears the delivery but billions of women have gone through this before us. Plus, Holly is right! You will not have the time or inclination to panic once labour kicks in, your focus will be on other things. Your midwife will be able to help you and give you the support you need but you will need to be as honest and open to her as you have been to us. I really do hope that you start to feel more relaxed about the pregnancy and I wish you all the happiness in the world. I am sending you big hugs and much love. Take care love x

leeg
24-09-08, 09:02
i underdstand how you feel i have six kids and when i was having my fifth i had severe anxiety! I spoke to my gyno an he sent me to a private counsellor they have funding for things like this !This is not uncommon woman who dont suffer anxiety have a fear of childbirth so its not unique to anx sufferers so speak to your midwife or gyno and good luck you will be fine xxx

mabelina
24-09-08, 16:15
Thanks ever so much for all your replies:) This wasnt planned, but as im 33 this coming Saturday, i kind of thought, ah well if it happens it happens. Guess i just really expect it too! lol. This is going to be me and my boyfriends first. I had the worst ever night last night. I shook so much that my bed actually rocked. I was absolutely sweating but freezing at the same time, and then i woke up early hours and my forehead, neck and back were soaking. I dont care all about the dirty nappies, screaming and crying all night and even sick, its the pain and believing i'll die giving birth:weep:

Cathy V
24-09-08, 16:19
Hi mabelina, well you can opt out of the pain if you want with an epidural, and its a very very rare thing these days that people die giving bith. Do you know anyone who this happened to, or has it always been a fear for you?

bottleblond
24-09-08, 16:19
CONGRATULATIONS :yahoo:

Love Lisa
xxx

leeg
24-09-08, 16:37
please speak to your doc about the counselling i was convinced i would die giving birth and my gyno got me this great counsellor who was on satndby and if need be she was going to come into delivery room with me and keep me calm however she helped so much i didnt need her too you will be fine and dont listen to horror stories i am the biggest woos ever and ive done it six times so if i can anyone can please pm me at anytime you wish a chat xxxx

mabelina
27-09-08, 18:13
Thanks for your replies:) Cathy V - Yes i do know of someone who died giving birth, my good friends younger sister died a few hours after, but ive had this fear for as long as i can remember.

Leeg - Yes i think i definitely need councilling, and you might be sorry you suggested i pm you anytime :roflmao:

Bottleblond - Thanks for the congrats, and everyone else who replied. Its so much appreciated.

joyce1980
01-10-08, 12:53
I had severe anxiety with my third child. It was really really bad. I stayed on medication throughout my pregnancy because there was no way I could manage without it. Please see your doctor and let them know how you feel asap!

Yes I agree, I have done so much looking into medication and I have made the choice to stay on my meds after speaking to motherisk, I see on Ob next week before we start trying to conceive. (Just to make sure it's all ok)

Speak to your Dr as you can become very very unwell and you need to be at your best to have a bub, you will be just fine, BUT go straight to your Dr:bighug1: