PDA

View Full Version : Rib pain??

divaneko13
23-09-08, 20:13
The right lower side of my ribcage is sore and tender to the touch...also I'm not sure but I think I feel a lump underneath and a general hardness on the right side compared to the left. Does anyone know what this is? I'm freaking out.

Maryamjan
23-09-08, 21:03
Hello,
I have the same symtoms for two months now. First my stomach in the middle where the ribs joins was very sore then the pain spread to the left and my ribs the #11 and 12 started getting sore on both sides. My stomach has a pain like ulcer. I had this problem two years ago and I went for endoscopy and catscan and blood test everything looked normal. I am just waiting for the pain go away. If it does not I have to go and see the doctor.
-Mary

divaneko13
23-09-08, 21:15
I've had blood tests but no catscan or ultrasound...I'm scared it might be an aneurysm of some sort.

Maryamjan
23-09-08, 21:22
Do you have Fibromyalgia?

Alisonj
24-09-08, 01:16
I have had almost the exact same problem as Mary. I had pancreatitis last year and ever since I have been convinced that I have it again, however every single test I have comes up fine. But I know the pain I feel there is real.

peach
24-09-08, 13:39
wow, just posted about this...

how are your ribs now?

mine feels like the same as you maryamjan....

any progress anyone? id love to hear that this is ok, and not something serious

LeeBee
25-09-08, 07:44
Could be lots of things divaneko. A trip to the doctor's is probably the best thing to do.

smcc8172
25-09-08, 22:05
Had this pain started in ribs and progressed to middle breast bone where it would be stabbing pain- was a bit freaked out but in the end it went away on its own I put it down to anxiety- but then I put everything down to anxiety!! One day I will prbablt have a heart attack and say "oh nothing to worry about, its just anxiety" -

kellie
25-09-08, 22:28
It is more than likely tense muscels or it could be reflux acid
If there is any heartburn or indejestion with it.
Ive had this on and off for 2 years
my doc reasures me it the anx and incorrect breathing causing my muscels around my ribs to tense
Sometimes i was getting heart burn as well and the doc gave me these meds
they are called LANSOPRAZOLE
They are a gastro resistant tablets and they work bloody great.

divaneko13
28-09-08, 05:34
Went to the Dr. she says it's just a pulled muscle but that was a couple days ago and after applying heat and taking it easy my ribs are still very sensitive and painful. I'm going to give it a few days before I call again. I need it to get better soon so I can get back to dance!

Anybody else get any answers about their pain?

Janinel
28-09-08, 15:12
I had the same thing twice in the past year. My mom says she suffered from the same thing and it's just "arthritic chest" and nothing to really worry about. If the doctor can't see any reason to look for further problems then there is nothing to worry about!

Milo Girl
28-09-08, 18:03
I have been suffering from intermittent rib pain for 16 months now. Always on the 10th right hand rib. I have been told that it everything from shingles to costochondritis. Had it x-rayed and blood tests done and all came back normal. Been to see an Osteopath and Sports Therapist but no luck - pain goes and then mysteriously comes back. I am sure it happens when I reach out or stretch up to get something ie off the top shelf. I don't bother with painkillers now but when it gets really bad I use Deep Heat which really helps. I have absolutely no idea what is causing this and obviously neither do the Drs so I have come to live with it. Just want you to know that you are not alone. Hope this helps.

amu
29-09-08, 21:25
I think this is another anxiety symptom. I used to have it too.