PDA

View Full Version : WEIGHT LOSS

Laurie28
01-12-03, 15:03
I'm now down to 8 stone and still losing weight. I must be about a size 8 now as my size 10clothes are 'hanging' off me. has anyone else experienced this after having a baby?? Except Posh Spice??

Lucky

Meg
01-12-03, 15:07
Are you still breast feeding ?

Meg

Laurie28
01-12-03, 15:20
Fraid not Meg,

It never really got off the ground. he wouldn't take so went 'bottle'.
This is strange Meg as I'm not anxious just v. concerned. I feel healthy enough though- just don't look it??

Lucky

Lottie32
02-12-03, 10:55
Dear Lucky

If you feel well, and the doctor has found nothing wrong with you, then I wouldn't worry.

Since starting CBT and beginning to feel better I have put a stone one. I have not altered my diet (apart from to include more fruit and veg, and reduce chocolate, and processed foods), so I shouldn't be piling it on.

It is clocking up the scales at an alarming rate!!! I'm beginning to get worried about putting on too much. I'm 11 stone now (5' 10") and still in a size 10/12, but I'm nowhere near as lean and toned as I used to be.

I'm beginning to see the positive side to anxiety - at least you can eat what you want ha ha ha!!!!

Have you thought that worrying about your weight might actually be making you loose more?

Have you sorted your bruises out yet? If not, maybe you could make an appointment, and get the weight loss checked out at the same time!

Charlie

Laurie28
02-12-03, 11:00
I have an appointment for Friday. I am concerned about my weight loss rather than worried (if that makes sense)

I am eating but not gaining weight- still losing it.

I'll see what the doctors says though!

lucky

Lottie32
02-12-03, 11:09
Know what you mean

I am concerned about getting fat, but not anxious about it. I usually sit on the scales a little over 10 stone, and I'm happy at that. I feel uncomfortable with being 11 stone, as most of it seems to be on my lower abdomen, so I look pot bellied all the time.

However, since I've played around with a slow release carbohydrate diet, I feel so much better that I daren't change my diet.

I don't eat loads - 2 slices wholemeal toast in the morning. Plain digestive with cup of tea a break time, small brown tuna salad cob, plain crisps, two apples for lunch. Maybe another digestive in the afternoon, and then an evening meal, which is usually rice or vegetables, fish or chicken.

I'm trying not to think about it too much, my gran died of ovarian cancer, and I seem to have alot of the symptoms, one of which is weight gain. It is around the area where gran got hers too - I know I had to bathe her. And I feel sick and uncomfortable all the time.

However, I've managed to reel those thoughts in, and put my weight gain down to being generally more relaxed than I was at the beginning of the year!

Charlie

Laurie28
02-12-03, 11:13
I have always been around the 9.5 stone mark and been happy with it. people said i was thin but I didn't care i was happy at that. I think if i got any heavier i would feel uncomfortable!!

I think we tend to match our symptoms with other peoples and assume the worst but as you said I'm sure your weight gain is down to you being more relaxed

Stay positive
lucky