PDA

View Full Version : need of a good orgasim

slmlpn
24-09-08, 02:47
I am so frustrated! I have had "panic attacks" for several years now. I am a nurse, and it is so hard to take care of others when the "dizzyness" and unsteady gait take ahold. This is usually the case, most times im at work. It also happens around elevaters, which is weird because I have no phobia, that I am aware of for elevators. I have been on paxil 37.5mg Cr for months, and mostly it does take away the "crazy spells" or aka dizzyness. But, I am married and want a healthy sex life to. I hate to give up this part of my life forever. I have tried to go off of the medication, and it comes back with a powerful, fainish continuous roller coaster. I have been searching this thread and have googled celexa. Celexa has the same side effect, but is suppose to disapate in 6 weeks???? What do you all think about changing meds? I have to function at work to support my family and fear the new side effects that may come on with a new medication. I just want a normal life! I am so glad I found this forum. I just knew I had something like a brain tumor or a bad heart, and any min now my life would end. Its kinda a realife to find others like me. I just want to be able to handle life normally and be able to be happy at home as well as at work! Any help would be so greatly appreaciated!

Thanks for all who care to help!
hopeless,
Suzanne:weep:

KaylaMarie
24-09-08, 07:19
Sorry to hear that you arent doing so grand at the moment. I have no advice about the meds..Never taken any for any real length of time. Sorry.

Just a note though...I went to urgent care one day having a panic attack and met a nurse who told me she also had panic attacks and that she was taking paxil. Haha, I doubt it was you but I just thought the coincidence was kinda humourous? would that be the correct word? Anywho. If you ever want to Pm me, feel free!

bab
24-09-08, 15:38
Hi There

I was on paxil/ seroxat and I couldnt have an orgasm but on cipralex I can - sorry for TMI!!! LOL (hope my mum isnt reading this lol)

ElizabethJane
24-09-08, 15:47
You can still have an 'O' with mirtazapine too. Go back to the docs and discuss changing to an anti depressant that doesn't interfere with sexua;l function. Best wishes.

emma1980
24-09-08, 16:38
You can still have an 'O' with mirtazapine too.

I'm very pleased to hear that!

Hope you find a solution soon Suzanne x

kendo59
25-09-08, 00:24
tsk.. first we give them the vote, then we let them go out to work, and now they expect orgasms too? :shades:

Yvonne
25-09-08, 19:01
KENDO

Oh I liked that I really did! I'm smiling for ear to ear.

SUZANNE

If the Seroxat (Paxil) is working pretty well for you Ipersonally wouldn't come off it. As you have realised it is a bit of a demon to come off. Won't talk about my withdrawal syndrome hell after coming off it again cos people will be bored with it by now.

You could change to Cipralex/Celexa - but you would have to go through a bit of withdrawal from the Seroxat, you could probably be cross tapered onto the Cipralex but it wouldn't be fun. Also, new side effects from the new med, weeks for it to kick in and do what it does etc etc. In my opinion Seroxat (Paxil) is a far superior med than Cipralex for anxiety.

I'm probably a bit older thanyou (maybe a lot) and I myself would rather go for the no anxiety/depression life rather than the orgasm. Sorry.

I'm not unsympathetic and I know us ladies have to do our bit for our men - (and ourselves of course) but are you actually saying that you cannot orgasm at all? Have you explored all avenues to put it politely. I'm getting all embarrassed here lol.

Thing is, I think all the ssris can cause this problem - however I do believe that with maximum effort a fulfilled sex life can be achieved. I'm saying no more keeping all my secrets to myself. Only joking.

Take care and get yourself down Anne Summers.

keepemlaughing
25-09-08, 19:12
Girl, who are you telling. I haven't had sex for two years. Unbelievable considering I was always quite sexual. Not having a husband anymore doesn't help the situation. I need a good one myself.

bab
25-09-08, 21:51
I def agree that paxil is better for anxiety but I have been off it for 6 yrs and on cipralex now so orgasming away lol - well maybe once a year when I can be bothered!!!!
Dont change meds if they working for you my love - a bar of choc is much better!!