PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine! When to take it?

pinkpiglet
24-09-08, 07:58
Hi all,
When is the best time to take fluoxetine, morning or night?
To be honest my doctor never gave me guidance on this so i have been taking it in the morning for seven weeks. Until a week ago the fluoxetine was suiting me perfectly but now i am very tired pretty much all the time. (is this a common side effect?). I have also started to feel a bit anxious on waking again and my palpatations are coming back.
I wondered wether switching to night time might be better!
When do you take yours? and have you any tips for combatting the tiredness/lethargy?

jo61
24-09-08, 08:58
My psychiatarist recommended to me that I take it in the morning. The reason for this is that as you pick up, it helps give you more energy. Therefore it's not recommended to take it at night as it can keep you awake. It may be that it'll take a little more time to produce that energy for you and that's why you still feel tired and lethargic.

:hugs:

lou77
24-09-08, 22:43
my pharmacist recommended i take it in the morning,which i have been,although not to early cos im usually still feeling sick from the day before. Still havnt found how to shake off the tiredness,just spend all day feeling like i could fall asleep any second,one bonus to come from that, i have to travel by train to work and uni so usually nap on there,stops me panicing as much!

pinkpiglet
25-09-08, 10:12
Thanks Jo and Lou, It's the tiredness that is getting to me more i think. I just feel exhausted constantly but then i come round late afternoon. I think i need to find something to combat the tiredness!

lou77
26-09-08, 10:23
its weird isnt it,im really tired all day,usually end up falling asleep for about 30 mins when i get in then feel fine after that, then cant get to sleep when i need to,not found anything to combat it yet,if you do let me know!
:)

kitttykat
06-10-08, 16:08
I have been taking it for about two weeks for depression and find that I have an initial alertness in the morning when I take it then from about 2pm onwards I am yawning and feeling like I could fall asleep at my desk. I find if I nap at all in the afternoon or when I get home from work I find it harder to get to sleep, but if I manage to keep going I am asleep from the moment my head hits the pillow (which is really unusual for me) but I then wake up several times in the night and struggle to get off again. I also find that first thing before I take my pills (the doctor said to take them in the morning) I can feel really, really anxious and teary. I'm hoping this is normal and that as my body gets used to the tablets I will stop feeling so tired all the time as the other side effects have started to wear off.....