PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

staypositive
24-09-08, 13:07
Hi all. Came across this forum and decided to join up. Bear with me and I will tell you a little about myself..

My names Dan and I live in Devon, I'm 20 years old and at the moment I am not working.

I've been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks for approximately two years, since I left college after studying level 3 mechanics.

I get depressed too, oftenly finding myself getting "Lost in life" and not knowing where I am going.

Hope to chat with you all soon.

Thanks for reading, Dan

Cathy V
24-09-08, 13:23
Hi there Dan and welcome to nmp. I have never suffered with depression fortunatley but both my sons did in their 20s so i went through it with them and both recovered with the help of a good doc and some good medication. Both also sufered from panics, and my eldest was agoraphobic for best part of 2 years, but hes fine now and meds free.

I suffer with anx but pleased to say its only very very rarely i get a panic now which is great. The help and advice ive had since joining in may has been wonderful and i put most of my recovery down to sharing experiences with people who understand.

Im sure it will be the same for you. There are alot of young members who suffer with depression, anx and panic so you're not alone.

Cathy xxx :welcome:

staypositive
24-09-08, 13:30
Thanks for the reply :) Glad to hear your Sons managed to get through it!
Glad I found this site, looks really good

Dan

Cathy V
24-09-08, 13:35
...and dont worry if nobody responds to your request for a chat via msn, some of the members might be up for that, but theres always the chat room when youve been a memeber for 5 days (think its still 5 days anyway) xxx

staypositive
24-09-08, 14:11
Thanks Tetley :)

Dan

milly jones
24-09-08, 15:18
a warm :welcome: to nmp

glad u decided to join us

love from

milly xxxx:blush:

staypositive
24-09-08, 15:29