PDA

View Full Version : New here

Laylag
24-09-08, 13:07
Im new here and my life at the moment is totally plagued by health anxiety.In the past week it has been ovarian cancer,breast cancer,blood clots to name but a few.I have recently been put on sertraline by the dr and diagnosed with anaemia.I suffered from panic attacks a couple of years ago then when I was pregnant they seemed to ease off.Now my health anxieties are back with avengeance.On the surface I have it all,a loving husband and four gorgeous kids.Can't understand why I am feeling like this.

bottleblond
24-09-08, 13:58
Hi Laylag

Welcome to NMP.

Anxiety can come an go when we least expect it. That's why many of us think there is something seriously wrong because we have heightened anxiety but no real reason behind it.

I hope you get lots of help and support

Love Lisa
xxx

Laylag
24-09-08, 14:11
Thanks for the welcome having a look around the site,it seems like a godsend.

pinkpiglet
24-09-08, 14:12
Hi Lay, it's a right pain the jacksy this anxiety business but it's something we'v all got in common here at NMP. It's so frustrating when we
don't feel as if there is any specific reason why but when you look at the bigger picture you probably have lots of responsibilities and stresses in your life. I mean woman, you are a mum of four'! I struggle with one 2 year old and a part time job never mind 4 kids. I bet you do an amazing job and expect too much from yourself at times. Everyday life can sometimes get too much for even the strongest of people.

My words won't comfort you but i hope they help you see that anxiety can happen to anyone and let you know that we are always here to chat!
Have a BIG hug :bighug1:

Laylag
24-09-08, 14:26
Thank you so much, I am so scared of people I know judging me for how I feel,my health anxieties stem from an unexpected ectopic pregnancy in 2004, this is the point at which I lost confidence in my body and its abilities.

Missy69
24-09-08, 14:27
Hiya LayLag,
Welcome to the site,if you need a chat just pm or see you in chat, im in a very similar situation as yourself x

Janieb
24-09-08, 23:08
Hiya Laylag,

Welcome to the club :) I love this site it has been a huge help for me. I suppose all this stuff in the news about Jade Goodie and stuff like that is not helping, well I know it certainly can set me off as well.

Take care!
Janie