PDA

View Full Version : please help-really worried

peach
24-09-08, 13:21
im freaking out...ive got all these sore spots all over my rib cage.....when i poke them i cant feel any lumps, but theyre small sore spots and feel like small bruises all theway around my rib cage...im so scared its cancer....

my dog died last year and i cant forget her xrays, her ribs were covered in cancer lumps...now im terrifed its me.....

im a little chubby and keep trying to move th skin to see if the pain is in my skin, not the actual ribs....

im so scared....

please any advise would be great.

i had blood work etc done only a few months ago.....

Cathy V
24-09-08, 13:28
Ribs are not so tough, so can be easily bashed about and i think your anxious prodding might just be making them a bit sore. Im sorry to hear about your little dog, and i think the trauma of that has transferred itself onto you.

Its highly unlikely that youve got the same cancer your dog had in this way on your ribs, but you have to convince yourself that its just anxiety before the thoughts will go away. Try not to worry...and stop poking your poor ribs!

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :)

LeeBee
24-09-08, 13:29
Hi peach, I'm sorry about your poor dog. It's really, really unlikely that you would have the same ailment as your dog though... You can't see anything on your skin? Do your ribs hurt when you're not poking them? Have you had a cough or anything like that? I've had times when I've had a really bad cough, or have been exercising a lot, and the muscles around my ribs have hurt like they're bruised to the touch. So I think if you've strained the muscles in your chest they can be sore to the touch. Could this be what has happened?

peach
24-09-08, 13:36
im wondering if it could be stress? could i be tensing my muscles around my ribs?

it comes and goes...it started at teh front where my ribs meet above my bellybutton...

i moved house a week ago, but i dont think this is related...
but i really cant feel lumps....i hope its not just that their so small i cant feel them....

i have been much more stressed what with the move, and other things stressing me out.....

i actually just read a post quite similar....

anxious
24-09-08, 13:38
Hi Peach,

i think i know what you mean, does it only hurt when you press/rub on it a little bit? Mostly around your bra line?
If so, don't know what it is but it most be ok if we both have it :)

love anx xx

anxious
24-09-08, 13:40
and if you've just moved have you been lifting boxes around ? that would do it

anx xx

peach
24-09-08, 13:43
hi anxious, nah, its been coming and going for about a year now....so not the moving, although im sure the move did some good for my body in terms of exercise.....lol.

yes, it does only hurt when i touch the areas.......(plural..lol)

peach
24-09-08, 13:44
oh, and i forgot to add...its worse when i wake up in the morn.....

anxious
24-09-08, 13:46
well, as my mother would say, don't touch then:D
Ah well if only it were that simple eh! lol
I know i feel bruised when i poke from time to time:blush:

love anx xx

Cathy V
24-09-08, 13:49
Hi. If it started after you lost your little dog then i still put it down to this, and if youve been poking around your ribs for the last year then they will be sore! alot of aches and pains are worse in the mornings peach, especially if it involves muscles as they arent being moved all night, so stifffen up.

Pains and tenderness in your stomach are different though, but are also very common with anxiety. You dont mention what the docs have said....

Cathy xxx