PDA

View Full Version : even when

celia davies
24-09-08, 17:13
ur not anxious do people have a fast heartrate because i do all the time my boyfriend says it quite fast im scared 2 exercise jst incase i have a heartatack i know its stupid but wil it an wat should i do any advise pls

Cathy V
24-09-08, 17:49
You mentioned in your other post about knowing that drinking tea made your heart race, and i suggested you swop to decaf, so it could be that you drinl alot of tea and coffee, or smoke? alot of stuff acts this way on the heart, and you're not gonna die, and it wont damage your heart honest....xxxx

vti2007
24-09-08, 20:03
What is your pulse rate?

A lot of people have a higher or lower heart rate than the "average". I believe the average for males is about 70 and females is 75 but mine is about 40-45 at rest and that is not through a lot of exercise!! In the same way yours could be quite a bit higher than the average and not be a problem :)

Pulse rates can easily exceed 200 and not cause damage so I would not worry!! Do a bit of exercise and get your pulse racing and then time how long it takes to come back to resting rate, that is quite a good indication of how "fit" your heart is. Look for recovery rates on the net. Also take your pulse immediately you wake up before you move as that is a "true" resting pulse rate, even getting out of bed will raise it. Take an average over 5 days and see.

Don't forget you might have a variation of white coat syndrome as well where if you are worrying about your pulse rate then that will make it higher when you take it.

cassi23
24-09-08, 20:53
my pulse rate can just randomly shoot up, it makes me feel anxious,which is scary, but when it actually starts im not feeling anxious at all!
I have days when it is racing and im doing nothing to make it that way, things like dehydration, missing a meal etc can upset the bodies chem balance and cause things like this, it scares me too but try not to worry xxx

amandaj
24-09-08, 21:14
i answered on your other post , my heart goes mad all the time its scary but wont harm you , and excercise wont give you a heart attack

amandax