PDA

View Full Version : short breathness, abdominal pain .. etc :)

so jems like
24-09-08, 21:44
Hello :)
Hm, I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude ..
So I've been suffering from anxiety for about 3 months. Not too long, but it has been quite a rollercoaster. I've experienced so many symptoms and now it's only the shortness of breath and abdominal pain. Can anyone relate ?? I had shortness of breath before like the feeling where you have to breathe harder. This comes and goes but lately it's been with me everyday. But walking around and taking a shower and being active makes the discomfort go away. But does anyone have the same symptom?? Does anyone else have a technique to make it better?? Also abdominal pain, in the beginning I lost about 10 pounds and I couldn't eat because I had so much abdominal pain, but afterwards it got better. However, now I have pain in my lower abdomen and sometimes just all over my stomach. It's not severe pain but it is a pain. I feel very gassy sometimes also (sorry, thats kind of disturbing). I was constipated for a little and I don't know, your stomach hurting isn't always pleasant .. I'm also so sore and I feel like my muscles are so tight. With people experiencing this, stretch and get a massage !! Back home I got massages from my therapist and he removed all my knots. Now I'm in college and I've gotten them all back :doh: So that is one thing I have to do when I go back home, hehe.

I guess the real big thing that is bothering me though is the shortness of breath. It's worse at night I guess when I'm about to sleep. I find that elevating my head helps and sleeping on my side or something. My insomnia has come and go too which really stinks ..

So many symptoms ..
Just trying not to worry
:whistles:

Mikke
25-09-08, 02:19
Not to make you worry even more, but have you seen a doctor?
Shortness of breath is one of the symptoms you should see a doctor about :)

Shortness of breath could have many different causes, most of them harmless, and since your troubles goes away when you move around it's unlikely that it's caused by the most concerning reason, namely heart problems. You should be checked out for anemia, asthma and blood pressure problems among other things, but it's most likely just anxiety and hyperventilation.

I get it a lot, even though I work out a lot and I'm beeing reasonably fit. I tend to hyperventilate a lot, and it gives the feeling of being out of breath even though when one hyperventilates the blood actually gets to much oxygen,
The fact that your troubles goes away when you are active could indicate that you are hyperventilating, as the muscles demands more oxygen when beeing in action, so that the levels of oxygen in your blood are restored to normal.

Funny enough I have the same stomach troubles as you have as well. I have a disease called cøliaki in my language, I'm not sure what it's called in yours, but it's a fairly common problem, and the problem at hand is beeing allergic to grains like wheat among others. I have to avoid pasta and most types of bread. If I don't I get bloated, get tired easily, gassy have stomach aches and spend a lot of time on the toilet :blush:

Even more common is irritable bowel syndrome, very common among people with anxiety.

yanksforever
25-09-08, 17:41
I've had that out of breath feeling before. I've noticed that the more conscious I get about it, the worst it gets. Eventually, I feel like Im not gonna be able to breathe and die from it. Mine also seems to go away when I get up and move around. I almost never feel out of breath when I'm active. I noticed that when I feel that way, I also start yawning a lot.

I've had my BP checked once since my anxiety began, it was back in June...and it was perfect, according to my doc.

As for the gas...MAN I CAN TOTALLY RELATE!!! I have so much, I can feel it moving around and I can almost hear it too!