PDA

View Full Version : Too scared to google

pigtailplaits
24-09-08, 21:45
Hello everyone

4 months ago I had an endoscopy and tested positive for H.Pylori and duodenitis. I took medication for this and I am still on omeprazole.
But for the last 5 mornings I have been waking up with this agonising pain right across the top of my abdomen (beneath both ribcages) The only way I can describe this pain is like I have been holding a wee in for days, I cant take a deep breath coz I feel like I am being stabbed. The pain also shoots round to my lower back - I cant lie down with it coz its too painful I can only curl up and sit in a ball. This lasts each morning for about 2 hours, then eases off and then returns the next morning. I went to my doc on tuesday and he just put it down to duodenitis - I completely disagree - all the medication I had should of cleared that up by now I have been on meds for 4 months and the pain I am having now just feels completely unrelated.
I am thinking more along the lines of gallstones or pancreaitic cancer but I am too scared to google my symptoms coz I have real bad health anxiety. My 17 year old sister ended up in intensive care with pancreaitis after she was dismissed by doctors for 9 months - the only reason they took her seriously is coz she went to AandE and threw up a load of green mucus in the waiting room. There is no way I am going to get anywhere with my doctor coz he is blaming the duodenitis and I know its not. What should I do? Do my symptoms sound familiar to anyone - its not anxiety this time, the pain is far too intense.

countrygirl
24-09-08, 23:04
I know this is a long shot but you don't have any back problems do you?? Like your shoulders or thoracic spine is aching??? I know that I can get terible knife like spasms in my ribs/chest and its from my damaged spine.

Can you go back and ask your Dr for an ultrasound scan to put your mind at rest about the pancreas as any problem would show up on ultrasound. You can admit its just for your own peace of mind - I have found this has always worked for me. Also there are blood tsts like liver function which would be wrong if you had pancreas trouble.

It would be very rare for pancreas etc to give you this pain only in the morning.

pigtailplaits
25-09-08, 08:49
Well I had an ultrasound 5 months ago when we were trying to find the problem that turned out to be duodenitis so my doctor is very reluctant to give me another one, even though I am sure something else could have manifested in those months.
I dont usually have any back pain atall. It has happened again this morning. I forgot to mention that I feel really nauseous most of the day and have been sick 3x in last few days. I have also lost over a stone in last 6months or so, plus my period has stopped.
I have absolutely no faith in doctors whatsoever, I have seen them let down so many people I really dont know what to do x

leeg
25-09-08, 08:52
just an idea but have you ruled out the fact you may be pregnant:blush:

xxx

robertz
25-09-08, 09:00
what about a different doctor?

pigtailplaits
25-09-08, 11:56
Yeah the doctor advised a pregnancy test which was negative.
The doctor has specifically asked me to book my appointments with him each time I go because back in February I was booking appointments with random doctors every week. He said it was getting quite confusing and its always best to stick to one. I am going to book another appointment with him and if he doesnt suggest something other than duodenitis then I will have to go to hospital (this is the only way i got my endoscopy) my doctors were not bothered about my tummy problems so i ended up at AandE and insisted on some kind of test