PDA

View Full Version : hi

rois
25-05-05, 23:20
Hi everyone my name's Roisin and I'm from Belfast. I'm nineteen and have been suffering from panic attacks for four years. I only told my parents a couple of months ago as I have started uni and was taking them during classes which affected my work. The doctor was useless, he gave me beetablockers three times and when I went back to him the third time I was told to double the dose, this made me feel rotten and didn't stop the attacks. I took one this morning halfway through an exam and had to pray for it to go away. Anyway enough about me hope we can help eachother with wee hints and tips, will be good getting to know you all. :D

sal
25-05-05, 23:22
Hi Rois

Welcome to the site. Hope we can help you through this and that you know you are not alone at all.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
25-05-05, 23:28
Hi Rois

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

alexis
25-05-05, 23:43
Hi Rois, welcoome to the site. I hope you have had a good look around there is so much help and advice on offer, it is good to realise you are not alone. there is a chat room too for lighthearted fun as well as asking advice, take care and good luck with rest exams love Alexisxx

Meg
26-05-05, 09:12
Hi Rois

Welcome.

Good luck with the exams

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

seh1980
26-05-05, 10:17
Welcome aboard!! :D

tracyp584
26-05-05, 11:23
Hey Rois,

Welcome to the site!

Take care,

tracy x x

nomorepanic
26-05-05, 18:17
Hi Roisin

Welcome aboard the forum and I hope you can pick up some advice on here that will help you along the way.

Nicola

rois
27-05-05, 00:12
Thanx for the kind welcome everyone, you all seem so friendly it's good to know I'm not alone.[8D]

alexis
27-05-05, 00:18
Hi We are definitly friendly and you are never alone,Shout if you need any help,Take care, Alexis

VaL 1975
27-05-05, 01:39
Hello there, reading that you suffer from panic attacks makes one feel better. I am no longer alone. I aswell suffer from panic/anxiety attacks. This happened about 8 months ago, you might say I'm a newbie to this. I've done different things to ease the panic and the number one tip I can give you is change sceneries constantly. Like I do, when at home I pace back and forth from the front lawn to the backyard. I see how my wife's rose bushes have grown and play with my dogs. Thinking about something other than panic will help. I also do the "STOP" Technique. When I get the panic attack I STOP and think about what I'm doing and if it's embarrassing I laugh, take it as a joke. My main fear is having a heart attack and I've seen 3 doctors that said my heart is in good condition, no high cholesterol. Maybe you finding out what triggers the panic can help you get rid of it.

VG Rivera

sal
27-05-05, 09:21
Hi Roisin

You ar definately not alone and we are always here to offer support and some friendly advice.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

florence
27-05-05, 10:56
Hi Rois

Welcome to the site and I hope that you'll get lots of support from us .

Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Incii
27-05-05, 11:11
Hi Roisin
welcome, we are all here for you, we know how you feel and we will support you

Sharon xxxxxxxx