PDA

View Full Version : Oooops! I googled!!

pinkpiglet
25-09-08, 10:03
I havent googled health problems in many weeks. I have been coping pretty well without it actually but when i woke this morning feeling pretty shocking my first thought was to have a google! I tried to resist but it didnt last long. I clicked on the google search icon and i was hypnotised. I found this symptom checker and thought i'd put all my usual complaints in lethergy, pupil changes, anxiety, sleep problems, headaches, etc... i thought that it might simply suggest underactive thyroid (which i have) and adrenalin disorder (which my G.P has suggested). Then i could relax and get on with my day yeah? Wrong!!!!! Up popped the words 'Aneurysm', 'brain' and 'stroke'. I know this is very likely to be an imprecise and far fetched diagnosis but now i am feeling ten times worse than i was. Thats it now, i'v got another aneurysm AGAIN! (my anxiety gets them several times a year!!!!). Why oh why couldnt i just leave well alone? I dserve the panic and worry now cos i googled and it is a sin!!

nickieb
25-09-08, 10:14
Honey

Despite this being also my fear i do know that with an aneurysm there are very often no symptoms until the vessell ruptures- which you would know bout. Occasionaly people experience bleeds prior to the rupture but again these would feel very unlike any other headache..

The fact you are knackered & have sleep changes is due to the fact you anxiety has peaked again. Our pupils constantly change throughout the day to adapt to many things & im guessing you keep looking at them- well then they will change. If you close your eyes & open them they will dilate....Its very normal honey...i promise you!! & you know why your having headaches....get yourself some co-codamol & lavendar oil & have a hot bath & an early night!!

Aneurysms are a very common fear of HA suffers, im guessing its the fact its very hard to treat them & they can be fatal- so its the impending death we fear so much. The way i look at it is the are usually there from birth & we wont really know we have one until it ruptures so rather than wasting our lifes worrying about the things we really cannot do anything about we shoud enjoy the time we have.

Try & relax xxxx

robertz
25-09-08, 10:21
that darn google huh! i did it tonight also, now im freaked! your gonna be fine! i don't know why but its so hard not to google when i feel anything odd with my body, and as we know its always the worst possible thing isnt it. all your feeling is that dumb anxiety again. hope you feel better (i know you will) :D

Jaco45er
25-09-08, 10:31
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Dont Google

That's a schoolboy error for a health anxiety sufferer.

I had strokes, heart attacks a couple of them aneurysm's, yuppie flu (I knew I was posh), madness (having trouble shaking that one), leprosy (turned out to be dandruff) died 4 times and was pregnant.

All thanks to google ;)

Cathy V
25-09-08, 10:33
:D :D :D you're a bloody hero our jacko!

lorac
25-09-08, 12:10
Hi

Jaco made me laugh but he is so right googling can make you think you have so many things. I can't start to tell you the things I had when I googled.

Carol

Laylag
25-09-08, 13:45
I have googled today too and am now sh@:&ing myself.Its so hard not to do it and then you feel so much worse because you have.I am trying to tell myself at the minute that my symptoms are a side effect of my meds.

vti2007
25-09-08, 13:51
You have GOT to stay away from google!!

I used to when I fisrt got ill and personally I had most type of cancer, ME, MS, CFS, etc etc etc.

Turned out, after several nasty experiences with medical cameras, CT Scans, Barium everythings, Blood tests, X Rays, Ultrasounds, a whole host of other medical unpleasantness and several brief emergency admissions into hospital I had an non serious infection, MILD gastritis and some pulled muscles. Oh and not to forget the panic and anxiety bought on by googling.

I swear I would not be in the state I am in now if I had stayed away from that da*m google. Seriously, I am certain 90% of my anxiety began with googling symptoms.

agnes
25-09-08, 22:17
But isn't it so difficult NOT to Google? I've now made myself be more specific and google anxiety etc first and then I can reassure (?) myself that it's yet another panic/anxiety symptom. That's why it was such a relief to find this forum. I haven't posted much but it's so helpful to read other peoples' experiences and liken them to mine. And not to feel so isolated.

Ian Scott
25-09-08, 23:34
As you know I had two real ones (strokes)a fortnight ago tonight and several times daily just expect and feel like my left sides going to stop............It hasnt..It wont......it subsides and life goes on. plz cheer up you were one of several to first offer me hope. So hey.....have a good night please, lots of people care.

Feelin the love.....Ian

roosey
25-09-08, 23:52
I thought it was only me that did this google thing----- lol -- we are all the same

pinkpiglet
26-09-08, 12:36
Thanks guys, you all be pleased to know that i have not googled since and I do not intend to again (not saying i won't though- i cannot lie). I know that it is wrong! It is a sin and I am an idiot. The aneurysm has now gone (i hope!)
Thanks Jaco for making me LMFAO! as usual!!

HeatherMc
26-09-08, 13:19
Please please try not to google I was doing this back in February when I first became ill, I will not attempt to repeat here what I thought was wrong it would scare the bejaysus out of anyone on this forum. I too have problems accepting that the physical problems are all anxiety related but if they weren't there would not be a doctor in the world with time enough to treat me!
As the author Mark Twain once said be careful what you read you could be dying from a misprint (I think he meant medical books but probably this applies to the internet as well now)

Love to you all especially all of you with google induced ailments

Heather

worriedGrace
27-09-08, 12:10
I do my best not to google. I can remember the pre google days when I used to haunt the medical section of the public library which was even worse because you can have awobbly in front of your own computer but doing it in public is embarrasing.

Newspapers have a lot to answer for, you just open one to read your horoscope and their is a big article about some vile disease that has no symptoms or cure!