PDA

View Full Version : starting to panic a little

titch
25-09-08, 10:38
okay..so ive had a headache for nearly a week now..and some times shooting pains in my head too:weep: ...it has been bothering me but im currently waiting for some stronger lenses in my glasses for reading so i put it down to that but because i had it for a while now im slowly starting to panic...thinking the usual...(brain tumour)!!!any advise please...xx and plus i dont like taking tablets lol another worry....:weep:

pinkpiglet
25-09-08, 10:56
Hi Titch, it sound to me that it is because of the problem with your eyes that is causing the headaches (which of course you know already). If you don't like taking tablets then the only other option you have until you get your new lenses is to rest your eyes as much as possible. Try not to strain them by reading or watching too much t.v. I would not go down the route of 'Brain tumour' cos it most certainly isnt that and the worry will just make the pain worse.

robertz
25-09-08, 10:58
having the wrong perscription in your glasses can easily cause headaches!!! sounds like anxiety to me. take a deep breath! try this, cup your hand over your mouth and nose and breath into your hand. this helps with headaches for me sometimes. if that doesnt work see if you can distract yourself with a movie and curl up in some blankets. hope this helps a little. hope you feel better :)

titch
25-09-08, 10:58
Thanx hun...i think i knew that already but when you panic its nice to have some reassurance...xxxx

joyce1980
25-09-08, 14:20
You could try that Forehead stick, you rub the stick of cream onto your forehead and it releives your headaches, you get it from the chemist

Let me know