PDA

View Full Version : I'm new, be nice!

Simply Red
25-09-08, 11:07
Hi, I've been using this site for help and advice for almost a year now but have never posted. The posts that have been written have helped me so much with my anxiety and i really don't know how i would have coped without you all! I suppose i should tell you about myself (sorry if i go on).
I am 36 and married with 3 lovely kids. I have always been a worrier and worry about worrying! If my husband is five minutes late from work i panic and think so many things that could have happened (never that the traffic is bad on the motorway!) I started having panic attacks last year out of the blue and now i think i have health anxiety. Every twinge or tingle is something major and of course i'm going to die and leave my kids. my latest thing is that i have MS i get lots of numbness and pins and needles in my hands and feet and more recently my legs. Of course i googled it and came up with MS! I wish i could just ignore the symptoms because i know i felt like this when i first started with the panic attacks and the symptoms stoppped when i calmed down. sorry i said i wasn't going to waffle!

Thanks for reading:hugs:

titch
25-09-08, 11:18
HEY!!welcome to nmp...you will get loads of help here...well good luck on your road to recovery..if u need a chat im here....:welcome: :bighug1: :bighug1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lorac
25-09-08, 12:06
Hi

So pleased you decided to post and welcome.

Carol

staypositive
25-09-08, 12:14
Hi and welcome. I'm new too

Dan

Dazza
25-09-08, 16:40
Hi

Nice to meet you. Glad that his site has been of such a great help to you.

Health anxiety is very common...it's been ruining my life for the past four months, but hopefully getting control back now.

milly jones
25-09-08, 19:49
welcome to no more panic

its a wonderful place to share our anxiety

love milly xx :hugs:

pooh
25-09-08, 20:20
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

alexis
25-09-08, 21:50
Hi and welcome Im sure you will get lots of good advice here and find lots of new friends.
I have only recently started suffering from health anxiety and I know how hard it is for you.
Your name??? are you a fan of simply red?

RosieXXX
25-09-08, 21:55
Hello,

You will find this site very welcoming. It really does help to share a problem, and the people here are so understanding.:)

Simply Red
25-09-08, 23:08
Re:I'm new, be nice!

Hiya, thank you so much for your warm welcome to NMP. I called myself simply red because i'm a redhead and i am a fan! had a bad week this week my daughter has been away from home for the first time and i've been anxious in the week running up and whilst she's been away. She's home safe and sound now so i just need to try and chill(easier said than done).

xx

Ian Scott
25-09-08, 23:17
Welcome to :bighug1: NMP I also have health anxiety and also find this site soooooooooooooo helpful ,glad your posting and hey......were going to be alright..take care

Love IAN

kenboon
25-09-08, 23:50
Hiya :)

Heres a good link for symptoms of anxiety and why they occur.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms

Might put you at ease a little.

All the best

Ken

Simply Red
28-09-08, 16:17
Thankyou for your warm welcome its much appreciated!

take care
Red xx

Lindalou64
28-09-08, 16:32
Hello Simplyred And Welcome , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

jodie
28-09-08, 16:40
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x