PDA

View Full Version : CBT for OCD anyone?

buffybot
26-05-05, 01:57
Has anyone had CBT for OCD? and did they find it reduced the stress in a typical ocd attack.A support group in North London i went to seem to be hot on this kind of treatment but has anyone got control over their ocd by trying it out?....please let me know [:X]

Incii
27-05-05, 11:42
Hi Buffy
i've had CBT for OCD i found it helpfull for a while then i just couldn't relate to my therapist at all so i gave it up, but the sessions i had did help me to realise the reality that is only we can stop these thoughts.
I'm always here for you feel free to PM if you would like to chat

sharon xxxxx

Meg
27-05-05, 14:47
Try asking on www.ocduk.org

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

buffybot
30-05-05, 19:47
Thanks all ..and thanks incii for the pm invite :D

sal
30-05-05, 23:45
Hi Buffy

I have had CBT and helped me loads for my anxiety but i dont suffer ocd. Best of luck and hope it helps you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

rozza
14-09-05, 20:39
CBT is THE treatment of choice at the moment for OCD and waiting lists tend to be months long so if you get the chance to have it take it. What have you got to lose?! x

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando