PDA

View Full Version : absolutely terrified of tumor

Skyline On Fire
25-09-08, 17:34
basically.. had a wierd headache for about 2 weeks now, im 19. from 14 - 17 i spent average of a hour on the phone every night without fail pretty much to my girlfriend, so ive always been worried about the effects of that.

feel like there is pressure on my head, wierd pains in the sides, near my ears etc... its not severe or anything, just really scary. doctors booked for monday but im really really panicky about it, cant eat, concentrate on anything else etc...

always had anxiety disorder, seen psychotherapists for 2 years etc.... but never been that concerned for my health as im generally very fit and healthy.

any ideas? sorry im just in a mess right now.

cheers,

yanksforever
25-09-08, 17:48
It sounds like a tension headache. Maybe your eyes are a little bit tired too. Do you spend too much time online or watching TV or reading? Sometimes your eyes can be strained. Also, are you drinking enough water, etc? Headaches have so many causes and 99% of the time, they are harmless causes.

I once had a headache for 12 days straight- turned out to be stress and I was sure it was a tumor.

Remember, "it's not a tuma!"., Lol

Trixie
25-09-08, 18:02
basically.. had a wierd headache for about 2 weeks now, im 19. from 14 - 17 i spent average of a hour on the phone every night without fail pretty much to my girlfriend, so ive always been worried about the effects of that.

feel like there is pressure on my head, wierd pains in the sides, near my ears etc... its not severe or anything, just really scary. doctors booked for monday but im really really panicky about it, cant eat, concentrate on anything else etc...

always had anxiety disorder, seen psychotherapists for 2 years etc.... but never been that concerned for my health as im generally very fit and healthy.

any ideas? sorry im just in a mess right now.

cheers,

Stop worrying about it being a tumour. I am sure the doctor will put your mind at rest when you see him.

Pauluk
25-09-08, 18:10
This one has to be my biggest fear, for years i've had the symptoms you describe. Pressure on my nose, weird electric pains in my head and around my ears. The more you worry the worse it will become. Its easier said than done ,but try to forget about it.

marie1974
25-09-08, 18:15
hiya hun, i get that when i am stressed, i went to docs thinking i had brain tumour or somthing bad and i was told they are cluster migranes and can last for weeks.

i dont get them often but funnily enough since i have had some recent problems i have had terrible head and i also get sinus so could be that too.

it hurts when i bend forward and makes me tired, so u could have either of those to be honest matey, as tension, stress etc brings them on.

Skyline On Fire
25-09-08, 18:45
thanks guys and girls.

yeah im constantly stressed since moving out of the peaceful countryside of wales into the middle of a huge city in england!

i dont have any of the symptoms besides this very minute headache, its just an odd one i guess.