PDA

View Full Version : saying hello

stan
25-09-08, 19:57
hello all, i am new to the site. i have had panic attacks for many years, iam takeing inderell at the moment and i have recently been prescribed citalopram, but i have heard a few horror stories about taking them. any info please. ? :huh:

milly jones
25-09-08, 20:01
welcome to no more panic

its a wonderful place to share our anxiety

i found citalopram helpful, the side effects were no way as bad as the anxiety itself

love milly xx :hugs:

pooh
25-09-08, 20:25
Hi there and welcome to NMP

have a look at the medications section of the forum

Pooh xx

alexis
25-09-08, 21:19
Hi and welcome Im sure you will get lots of good advice here and find lots of new friends.
If we listen to the stories about any meds I think they must all hold horror stories about them, I would just take them and judge for yourself, if you read the side effect sheet for any tablets they have almost everything you could think of.
Like Pooh says you will find information in the meds section. And if you do suffer go straight back to your GP. xxx

keepemlaughing
25-09-08, 21:33
Welcome from me as well. You will find lots of good information here!

RosieXXX
25-09-08, 21:52
Hello Stan,

Welcome to the site. You will find some really good information here, and so many people to offer advice.:)

marie1974
26-09-08, 14:30
hi stan and a warm welcome to u, i have met some great people here and had loads of support and advice and im sure u will too, this site is brilliant xx

Veronica H
26-09-08, 14:32
Hi Stan:welcome: I take 10mg of Citalopram each day. They took about 2 weeks to kick in, no real side effects, after which I felt a slight 'lift' in mood. I think they are helping me to stay out of depression.

Veronica

Jaco45er
26-09-08, 14:34
Hiya Stan chap and welcome

titch
26-09-08, 15:32
HEY STAN!!welcome to nmp... you will find all you need to know on this site hun...chat soon...feel free to pm me anytime....xx:flowers: :welcome: :bighug1:

stan
29-09-08, 19:36
Thank you all for your warm welcome. been reading some of the info you advised me to look at. it has been very helpfull. thanks again. stan