PDA

View Full Version : For the woman again!!

EmmaJane
26-05-05, 10:59
Hi all again,

I am going a bit downhill still again, im trying to pull myself up, but seem to be stuck. The negative is far greater than the positive.

My period is due in a week and for the past few days, I have had sore breasts. ( dont really know how to word this, hope I dont offend ). So what I done was check them. I have forund a few lumps and bumps, one more prominent than the other. Now Im thinking that i have breast cancer.( im not sure what im looking for, I have to press fairly hard, or route around to find it) Cancer is my bigggest fear especially breast cancer as my sister had it. I seem to be going over old ground and it is really getting to me.

Am I checking at the wrong time. Am I obsessed with this, I dont know
Any advice please

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

tattybear
26-05-05, 11:04
Hi Emma,

Its so hard to know what to look for, I am the same, I only have mine to go by so ive no idea if mine are normal! If you get what I mean.

They say you should look for any changes, but if you have any small lumps it doesnt definatly mean its cancer, theres so many other things it could be.

My advvice would be to go to the doctor, theres no harm in chacking and this is what they're there for. Its better to have it checked out for you own piece of mind.

Hope it goes ok.

Tatty B xx

Emmie
26-05-05, 11:20
Hi Emma,
yes its so hard to know what to look for because some people have naturally lumpy breasts anyway. My sister recently went to the doctors because she was getting pain in her breast and when she was checked out the doctor said she had quite lumpy breasts but that it was fairly common. He prescribed her oil of evening primrose capsules and said it was nothing to worry about.
if you are panicking then get yourself checked out but try not to worry because its quite common and usually nothing to worry about. I hope i have given you some reassurance.

Em xxx

LisaS
26-05-05, 11:20
hi emmajane,

breasts in general are quite lumpy and bumpy anyway when you have a good feel.. I think a lump is a lump when you find one but I agree with tattybear, just go for a quick check at the GP's or you can go to the family planning clinic and they also do checks (and are usually mainly women)..
good luck and let us know how you get on,
Lisa
xxx

lainey
26-05-05, 11:37
Hi Emma

You shouldn't check your boobs just before your periiod is due as they can become lumpy due to the time of the month. The ideal time to check is mid-month.
If you feel anxious then go th the GP, or perhaps wait until your period has gone and then feel again.
The more you examine your boobs at different times of the month the more you get to know the shapes, lumps and bumps!!!!

Hope this helps

Take care

Elaine x

Incii
26-05-05, 13:30
Hi Emma
Lainey is zakli right, try examining yourself after your period, please try not to let this set you back hun, breast cancer is in the news a lot at the moment and makes anyone anxious never mind someone with our kind of anxietys,make an apt and get it checked try to stay focused and give yourself a smile ;o) if the doctor has any doubts they deal with these things at top speed so keep your chin up hun.

take care
Sharon xxxxx

nomorepanic
26-05-05, 18:39
Hi Emma

I think others have said it all but I hope you are not too worried.

Check them after your period and if you are still worried then by all means go to the doc for a check-up.

Hope it all works out ok.

Nicola

seh1980
26-05-05, 19:48
hi Emma,

They can get lumpy at that time of month so don't worry. Getting them checked might be a good idea as it will make you feel better..

Sarah :D