PDA

View Full Version : bye

smiths
25-09-08, 22:21
im leaving the forum thanks to a member negative posts to me i got told off for leaving to many posts !!!! great isnt it i thought this was a place for help !!!!!!! i didnt realise i couldnt ask stuff !!!!
thanks for all the kind words and advise that you have all given to me

Cathy V
25-09-08, 22:30
You can ask absolutely anything you want, but when another member takes so much time to reply and gives you so much information as he did earlier today to try to help you bless him, and then you appear to ingore him completely and start another thread asking the same question, well im sorry but i think thats a little insensitive and more than a little bit rude.

Of course we are here to help you, but to ignore people is not on, sorry.

alexis
25-09-08, 22:30
I havent quite caught up on the posts on here over the last few days, but I suggest you dont leave as yet,this is a place for help.
Please pm if I can help, never leave on a negative note.

kenboon
25-09-08, 22:35
Hiya smiths. Just read the post your on about. Please dont take that to heart, i'm sure they didnt mean any offense. I know by the sounds of it you have had a really bad day and probably need the support more than ever. I think it would be a bad idea for you to leave this forum, it will help you alot as it has so many other people and will make you feel less isolated. I must admit thought it has been hard to keep up to date on where you are at with all the different threads, please dont think i'm having ago, because i'm not. Maybe just try and stick to one thread so we can all focus on that 1 to try and help you out with your anxiety. I'm 95% there now and alot of thats down to this place and i'm sure it will help you too.

All the best

Ken

smiths
25-09-08, 22:36
hi alexis
im new to all the panic attacks and anxiety i have lots of questions that i need answering im sure there are other forums like this

vicki xxx

smiths
25-09-08, 22:37
thanks ken you have been very kind to me but i think i will find another forum
vicki xxx

Anna C
25-09-08, 22:51
Hi Vicki,

You really will get a lot of help here, people are supportive and try to help when they can. It does sound like you are feeling down at the moment, please keep posting and I'm sure you will get the help and advice you need.

Also the info on the left is very helpful too. :D

Take care Anna xx

Davvid
26-09-08, 07:30
Please don't leave just because of one person. There are lots of others that will help you.

marie1974
26-09-08, 10:00
i think if u not happy then go hun, everyone is trying to help u, if thats not good enough then try else where, people can only do so much, especially with there own issues going on too. x

diane07
26-09-08, 10:32
I think this is a little unfair, i don't think you should leave at all, it takes time to know your way around this site and check back on posts. I certainly know when i joined i got quite lost in here and wasn't actually sure how to find my posts again. I also remember when i was so depressed it was very difficult to take on board what people were actually telling me. It sounds like you're very run down. You haven't been here very long and i certainly don't think you should leave, this site is invaluable, and it will help you, just give it time.

best wishes

di xx

lorac
26-09-08, 10:50
Hi Smiths

I am sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving.

I think you should stick around and give the forum a chance. As Di has said it does take time to find your way around and sometimes we don't answer all the posts that appear on the board but that doesn't mean that the advice is not appreciated and we are free to answer what we want, when we want and to ask advice when required.

I searched for a forum like this for a long time and I think you will find it is the best on the internet and now that you have found us it would be a shame to leave when it could be a great benefit to you.

Wishing you well

Carol

Missy69
26-09-08, 10:53
Hello,
I agree with Donna, i have read back on all the posts, i dont think theres to many, but they all read as though people have took time out to really try and help you. So why dont you focus on the help and advice that has been given, rather on the negative. I think you should stay and give it another go, but if you feel uncomfortable then leave. People have only suggested about sending one thread so they can keep up and help you, you should be offended or upset by this.
Take care

Missy69
26-09-08, 10:54
That meant to say, you should not be offended by this, sorry !

leeg
26-09-08, 11:22
i think this is really unfair people come on here for help not to feel as if they are bein a nuisance isnt that why we come on here because its easier to talk about our problems???????? i am fairly new to this site and it has taken time to find my way about the site so i think if someone is going to be so full on is just totally unfair please dont leave i can promise you there are people here willing to help you:hugs: xxxx

diane07
26-09-08, 11:23
well said leeg xx

leeg
26-09-08, 11:28
thanks diane i just felt it so unfair xx

marie1974
26-09-08, 11:37
hiya i just think sometimes when u are new, it does take time for people to see threads, read them and get to know them abit too. also people relate to different issues, problems etc so sometimes will only answer things that they feel they can offer advice on.

im sure there are plenty of sites around that help different people and we have to go with wot suits us, we can only do our best on here and i personally feel if u want to put up lots of threads that up to u, but sometimes it takes a while for people to answer especially if the threads are similar and they have been answering another one of yours already.

hugs and i hope u find some advice and support on here cos there are loads of lovely people on here xx

Catwoman
26-09-08, 11:47
I think I have said this before but one of the problems is many of us have problems with self esteem, and often when you are depressed or anxious you feel bad about asking things anyway, or get embarrassed.

I know when I say things on here I feel bad sometimes, so when we dont get answers back quickly or someone says something we look too much into the answer. If you know what I mean.

Many of us here are more vulnerable to comments sometimes. We have to look after each other.:hugs:

I think it's nice if someone thanks someone when they answer back, I try to, but like I said when we are depressed sometimes the nicities go out the window, which is a shame.

This is one of the best forums on the web. I know I have looked around.

Sue

Cathy V
26-09-08, 11:50
Oh for goodness sake...ive sent her a pm saying sorry ok? This is definately a girlie thing this stropping off whenever someone has an opposite opinion. It seems that if the female members dont get their daily dose of 'hunnies' followed by a 1,000 hugs then the sites not working for them...woe betide anyone who dares to point out anything they dont agree with.

The male members ive noticed, often have 'disagreements' if their opinions clash (and ive seen some pretty heated 'discussions' between them) but they dont throw their toys out of the pram, they just agree to disagree and dont have endless posts going on for a week about it....and no admins ever interfere because the men never threaten to leave, it just blows over.

If any of you have bothered to read all the replies to the various threads of smiths, you'll find that until i made those comments, i was actually replying and helping her. Im well aware that new members have to find their way around the site and that its not possible or necessary to reply to everyone, but ive also learned during my time on here that some people can be selfish, but thats ok for them...right?

There are alot of members on this forum and lots of different personalities, and also alot of people who are ill and not always themselves. I try to make allowances for this too. Im not completeley recovered myself yet either so i also have bad days sometimes.

I think you're all wonderful...kiss kiss, hug hug hug etc.

Cathy xxx :)

bottleblond
26-09-08, 11:57
As a member of this site "SMITHS" is entitled to start a new post whenever he/she feels fit to do so. If any other members do not like this then i suggest their oppinions should be kept to themselves.

If anyone has a problem with that then please feel free to pm me or any other admin.

Regards Lisa

diane07
26-09-08, 11:58
Cathy,

We all know how hard it is when we suffer ourselves and we are trying to help others and it can be difficult to answer when others don't seem to be listening, the way i look at it though is we're the oldies and we need to help the youngies.
I have always had fab help from you.
And we're all best buddies

di xx

honeybee3939
Well said Lisa!!!!

Andrea
xxxx

leeg
well said lisa this is just getting out of hand!!! and i have bothered too read all the posts and that is why i dont understand the sudden change from help to attack and can i just say this is not a female thing it is just human decency!!

pinkpiglet
26-09-08, 12:21
Eh, come on!
Every one who has sent a reply to this thread have said all that needs to be said. We are all here because we have problems and issues with our minds, therefore we all know how sensitive and defensive we can get in certain situations. Just kiss and make up you guys and put it in the past. Smith, you should hang around a bit longer and see how you feel next week, if you still feel the same then fine, say your goodbyes but i think this site is 100% fantastic and at the minute i wouldnt be without it. Everyone is entitled to post threads about anything (aslong as it isnt offensive) and its up to other people to read the post, ponder over it and then decide wether they have any suitable advice or encouragement to offer. When i am feeling good i will answer as many posts as possibe and never need to send a thread, but when i am feeling down or in need of a little attention i might send three in a week. I have had threads that have had no replies whatsoever! i don't get upset by this, i just accept that there is no one who feels they can give a helpful response. I can see no reason why you need to leave smith!

yorkylover
26-09-08, 12:35
At the end of the day this is a brilliant site,best site ever and if you personally think its not helping you then its totally up to you to leave.

marie1974
26-09-08, 12:41
i totally agree with u yorky xx

milly jones
26-09-08, 14:36
ok guys

im the biggest hunny and hug giver on nmp

we are all sufferers and part of what i see is a big family

we all have disputes and misunderstandings, but we are all big enough to say sorry and let things lie

now lets all just get on with the task of ensuring we all have a stress free weekend

mill xx

ps nmp IS the best site for anx, so if u leave ull miss my ramblings lol xx

marie1974
26-09-08, 14:39
hahaha milly i do luv ya hun, i for one luv your rambling and i too am a huggy hunny haha

Veronica H
26-09-08, 14:47
:bighug1:Smiths! Give us another chance. You can see by the responses that people care.

Veronica

eeyorelover
26-09-08, 17:18
Well to be honest when I first joined I put up TONS of posts and all were basically the same thing.
I was freaked out because of the way that I was feeling! It was so scary and even when people posted that they had the same thing I thought to myself, not like this!!! I have to have something really wrong with me to feel this bad.

This site is a support system and regardless of whether or not the person heeds the advice offered at first - come on we've all been there we KNOW it's really hard to wrap your head around the fact that anxiety can and does cause physical symptoms - we still have to be supportive !
We all got that from the site when we first joined and continue to so why shouldn't everyone else get the same kind of support??

No one need to be worried about the amount of posts that someone puts on the forum. The administration will worry about such things and as far as I am aware there is no limit on posts for any member!

If you don't feel like replying to a post for whatever reason then the backspace button is at the top of the screen and should be used instead of being confrontational.

I would hate to see anyone leave because they felt they weren't welcome here because EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE AND IS TO BE GIVEN RESPECT AND SUPPORT!

This thread is now closed.

Sandy