PDA

View Full Version : motion sickness

bluewoman
25-09-08, 23:55
hi guys- i started posting here a couple days ago and i think after this one i will post in the introduction thread and give some background but i was wondering if anyone gets like a motion sick, flu-like, faint feeling that lasts a couple hours each day. i have had every test but this is the worst and cannot believe it is anxiety. everything gets kind of fuzzy and i cannot even take care of my baby hardly.

i posted a similiar thread on the anxiety board a couple days ago and got some very great responses. i guess the more i hear that people actually have this- the more i can accept it:weep:

marie1974
26-09-08, 12:44
hiya hun, cant help u but thought i would send u a hug and bump u back up the forum as im sure someone will b able to offer u some advice for u. xx

gtrgrl3369
26-09-08, 13:43
Welcome. You will find that alot of us suffer from this same thing. I am one that does. Mine is not truly motion sickness because the meds dont work on me. Mine is more of a dizziness and balance issue. I get to feeling as if the room is moving and have to go lay down. I hope things get better for you and people here are very kind and will help in any way possible. Take care honey.

june
26-09-08, 14:07
:welcome:
yes i get a form of this - when i sit on a chair / settee soft or hard it feels as if i am on a water bed :blush:
Walking in the street is a real sickener it feels as if i am walking on same water bed. (a real soft floor) it is really scary even when you have had it for years each time it recurrs it it just as scary.
I think it is to do with our breathing (hyperventilation).
Hope this helps a bit.
June
Copied from "symptoms" on the left
You feel suddenly light-headed, woozy or dizzy. This is sometimes accompanied by a feeling that you might faint or pass out. It also may feel as though you are walking on a boat, or that the floor seems to move up and down and it's hard to balance. You may also have difficulty placing your feet because your perception of the ground or floor may be wrong. In some cases it may seem that even though you are standing on a firm floor, the floor may be vibrating or moving.

bluewoman
26-09-08, 14:53
thanks guys-- it is so strange the amount of things anxiety can do to us!! now if i can just accept it is anxiety... the other weird thing everytime i lay down even when i am not feeling anxious the room always feels floaty on the verge of spinning. i hate it so much

orangeblossom
27-09-08, 20:34
Hi, Yes, that sounds very familiar. I find that if I get too stressed/anxious that is exactly how I feel, down to the feeling floaty/spinning if I lie down/sit down etc.

It may sound odd, but I have found the best way to get rid of it is by walking. It sort of clears the stress and gets rid of a lot of the adrenaline too. The other thing is doing housework... okay, not so much fun, but has a similar effect(!)

vti2007
27-09-08, 20:40
Yes I get it as well. The above post is good advice, that is how I try and get rid of it as well :)