PDA

View Full Version : Appearance

Bill
26-09-08, 03:38
Something I find Very sad is when people feel they need to spend lots of money on surgery to alter something about their anatomy all because "others" have made them "think" it's ugly when in reality it's normal or even attractive as it is!

People don't realise the damage they can cause to others simply by ridiculing someone just for fun!

It'll always go on no doubt but I like people to be "natural" as mother nature intended them and not something artificial created by surgeons!

Yes, we should all take pride in our appearance but we shouldn't allow others to dictate what is right or wrong in our appearance.

It's "who" we are that's important! I just find it very sad how people try to be something artificial all because of what they see or hear around around them. I say, be NATURAL and be PROUD of being YOU!:winks:

belle
26-09-08, 09:21
..it's VERY difficult to be proud of something that you find so replusive.

I was bullied for being fat and ugly at school, but the negative comments have continued even now. I am regulary told i am ugly, fat ar*e, no t*ts...so tell me HOW am i ever supposed to be 'proud' of that.

I hate everything about me.

If i had the money, i'd get myself fixed. I would not hesitate to put right what has been wrong all these years.

Karen
26-09-08, 11:44
I have to agree with Belle in that I feel repulsed by myself and bad because I've gained weight and to me now I am big. If I had the means I wouldn't hesitate to pay for surgery.

For me it's not not much how I look to others but of how I am makes me feel and brings up certain beliefs about myself.

Karen xx

sheena
26-09-08, 13:34
Hi Bill

If I had the money I would like the bags under my eyes fixed. I used to be real phobic of going under anathestic but since I had cataracts done I would feel more confident about going under.

However, I do not obsess about the bags. Instead I open my eyes up with mascara and kohl. The rim of my glasses rests at the edge of the bags and obscures them. Roll on winning the lottery.

Sheena

milly jones
26-09-08, 14:19
i too find myself ugly and fat

i lost 6 stone when i was ill and have now excess skin around my tummy

id give anything to have that fixed

my new meds come with the warning of increased weight gain and im trying hard to fight the urge to eat

I HATE THIS DEPRESSION/ ANXIETY, JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

milly xx

marie1974
26-09-08, 14:25
well i have always been told by people i am really pretty and gorgoeous and i always laugh it off cos i have never felt that way.

i am working on my confidence and to be able to say to myself u know wot u aint bad luvvy hehe.

but i would never change anything about myself, surgery etc is a very personal choice but not for me, i just try and look after myself and probably grow old disgracefully haha

Pink Panic
26-09-08, 16:05
I say, be NATURAL and be PROUD of being YOU!:winks:

I personally think that if you have the money and it's what you want then why not?
I do however believe that taking surgery to the extreme such as the recent programme on designer vaginas is totally uneccessary. :ohmy:

Love
PP
xxx

samc100
26-09-08, 16:20
I personally find surgery too daunting but hopefully when everything has sagged and bagged itself around my bosy there will be other less severe options....

I look very young for my age and I know sheer vanity will make me find it hard to 'age'. I don't want to look plastic - just look good.

eeyorelover
26-09-08, 16:30
Well I think that almost everyone has something about themselves that they don't think is beautiful. I've always had straight hair and wouldn't it be nice to have curls. I've always wanted to have one of those slammin butts and mine is flatter than I would like. I'm dark complected and when I was young I wanted blue eyes and blond hair BUT as I've gotten older I've decided that this is who I am.
I'm dark complected because I'm Sicilian and Mexican and whoever said blonds have more fun weren't around when I was younger cuz I had a heck of a time :)

My hair is straight but if I had curls I'd have to spend time trying to get it to look right and I just don't have the patience for that anyway.

As far as my butt being flat well... I can still shake it like anybody's business so it works fine just the way it is!! hehe

I guess it's all in the way you look at it :)
I'm pretty happy with what God gave me.
xxx
Sandy

pooh
26-09-08, 16:38
what was it that savage garden sang.......

I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul......

Anxious_gal
26-09-08, 20:21
if i have the money when i get older i would get some non surgical things done to get rid of wrinkles.
I have had mild acne before a few times, I felt so ugly n gross, like no one wants to look at someone with bad skin! it's cleared up now so yay.
I hate the plastic look though,

Bill
27-09-08, 00:52
I can understand people wanting to alter their appearances just as I wish I had a better complexion but ask yourself why we should feel so unhappy about our appearances?

I was watching another episode of Star Trek Voyager tonight which relates to this issue. There was a woman whose face was very badly disfigured. Every time she looked at herself, she thought of herself as ugly. A man comes on the scene, gets to know her and falls in love with her but she couldn't accept that anyone could love her because she couldn't love herself. No one had ever shown her love and that she was lovable. She couldn't accept his advances as she couldn't believe him and she asks him "Why should you love me when I look so ugly? How can I be lovable when no one has loved me before?" He repies "It doesn't matter what you look like, I love you for being the woman that you are, not what you look like".

Reading Belles post, she illustrates the exact reasons why it makes me so sad that lovely people like herself feel the way they do about themselves.

..it's VERY difficult to be proud of something that you find so replusive.

I was bullied for being fat and ugly at school, but the negative comments have continued even now. I am regulary told i am ugly, fat ar*e, no t*ts...so tell me HOW am i ever supposed to be 'proud' of that.

I hate everything about me.

If i had the money, i'd get myself fixed. I would not hesitate to put right what has been wrong all these years.

If you analyse what Belle says, I'm sure Many people on here can relate with her. So many people have always told her that she's ugly that they have convinced her that she is ugly and that she has nothing to be proud of. Belle is now convinced that she is repulsive and that she has to get "fixed".......but this is all because what OTHERS have always said about her and this is what makes me feel so sad because I'm quite sure if I ever met Belle I wouldn't think these terrible things about her so I couldn't think of her in the terrible ways she things about herself. To me I would see Nothing wrong in her, that she was Beautiful in her own right and that Nothing needed to be fixed.........but I doubt very much that Belle would believe me after all the years of being told otherwise by ignorant people.

I'm sorry to use your post as an example Belle and I sincerely hope I haven't upset you in doing so because in my eyes you are a Lovely woman both in personality And appearance just like so many others on here who can't see themselves as I see them.

Why should a Beautiful princess feel so ugly? All because OTHERS have always told them they're ugly or that they don't conform with artificial computer enhanced models..........and that's what I find so sad because a rose in a garden becomes convinced they're a weed all because the weeds have always lied or belittled it.

If you can no longer feel proud of yourself Belle, I would always be Proud of You!........and yes, I Have seen your photo so I'm not just saying it. I hope I haven't upset you though Belle because it isn't my intention because in my eyes you are a Lovely woman and I sincerely wouldn't want to offend you.:hugs: xxx