PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine symptoms, please help!!!

MVP123
26-09-08, 11:56
I have been suffering from daily headaches for the last 5 weeks, and the doctor diagnosed stress and prescribed me Fluoxetine, but since taking them my headaches have got worse and I keep getting sharp pains in my head. Which sends me into a panic and makes it worse. The doctor has now given me some Chlordiazepoxide to help me with side effects and took first one last night to help me sleep, but this made me worse than ever. Is anyone else geting these symptoms. The headaches are driving me crazy!!!!

pinkpiglet
26-09-08, 12:02
Hi there, like you i have been taking fluoxetine for the past 7 weeks and i too am getting headaches. I'v never really suffered with headaches much in the past so i havent got much to compare them to but they are very worrying. I have never taken so many paracetomol or ibruprofen!! I was going to post a thread asking if this is a classic side effect but you'v saved me the trouble. I will wait and see what advice other members can give you.

ruthb1
26-09-08, 13:14
hi there,

i have been on fluoxetine on and off now for the past 18 months. When i first started taking them i was petrified and like you i suffered from terrible headaches and insomnia this lasted for about 2 months to be honest, like you i panicked even more but eventually the headaches and insomnia went and to be honest fluoxetine has been the best antidepressent that i have tried and i have tried a lot having suffered from this for the past 5 years.

I have recently gone back on it after a setback and now i am on week two, although i havent got the headaches at the moment, the insomnia is back, i have been awake since 4am this morning, but i know soon this will pass.

hope this helps

take care

ruth

Peter1988
01-11-08, 17:21
Ive been taking fluoxetine for over a year now, 40mg a day, and have found very little side effects. Although it is possible that it has made me lacking energy and motivation. Its definately stopped my mind thinking constantly and all over the place. Hope this helped?? I think it depends on the person, you may need to try other types of drugs until you find one that works for you, but again im not sure.