PDA

View Full Version : Which Meds are the best?

Rebecca77
26-09-08, 12:37
Hi, I suffer with health anxiety but under doctor supervision stopped taking anti depressants about 2 - 3 months ago. Over the years I have taken the following, prozac, seroxat, amytriptiline, citalopram and mirtazipine. Apart from the mirtazipine which did not agree with me at all, I did have some success with the others but it seemed to be short lived, I think citalopram was the best one out of the lot. Anyway I am beginning to feel that maybe I need to go back on tablets as the anxiety is really bad at the moment, what tablets have others taken and have they found them successful? I would really appreciate it if people could let me know as I am going to go back to the drs to discuss it. I do still take diazepam as and when required (which seems to be alot of the time lately).

Many Thanks

Rebecca xx

Mudskipper
26-09-08, 13:20
I use prozac which works for me. My wife tried it but it didn't help her but Citalopram did, so she's been on that for the past couple of years. Chances are there's one that will suit you well but you may have to try several before you find it.
Good luck:flowers:

bab
26-09-08, 21:43
I have been on - seroxat,prozac, anafranil,citalopram and cipralex - am on cipralex just now - seroxat was best for me but doc wont prescribe it anymore

bab
26-09-08, 21:44
I mean my doc wont prescribe it to me not that its not prescribed anymore just to clear that up x

Rebecca77
26-09-08, 21:52
Many Thanks for getting back to me, I am seeing the doctor in the morning.

Rebecca xx

bab
26-09-08, 21:56
the meds thing is difficult because they all react so differently to different people and what works for you may not for someone else etc - i found it was trial and error its not nice till u find the right one but if one works for you then its worth it