PDA

View Full Version : feeling confused today

becs
26-09-08, 14:44
why is it when i am at home on my own i deal with this i am wondering if i spend too much time wallowing in my self pity , and when i have to go out ie to pick kids up from schooll pre school or go to the shops all the symptoms come back , i start off thinkin hey this is nt so bad then it all comes over me again feeling like a wobbly jelly of nerves again this is so draining how can you think positive when you dont have control over these symptoms , is it poosible to spend too much time just thinkin about this whole thing to be honest its hard not to think about anything else ,

would really appreciate some replies sorry to go on

Veronica H
26-09-08, 15:04
Hi Becs
The constant self analysis is a symptom of the illness I'm afraid. As the great Dr Weekes says 'this is an illness of how you think....how you feel is how you think'. I think we all see home as the comfort zone, and most peoples symptoms are worse when away from it. The danger in this is agrophobia if we do not push ourselves out at every opportunity despite the symptoms.

Veronica

bottleblond
26-09-08, 15:10
Hi Becs

I believe that the more we think and dwell on the, the worse we feel but it's hard not to think about it when you are feeling low.

Try to keep busy and distract from the horrid thoughs

Hope you feel better soon

Love Lisa
xxx

keepemlaughing
26-09-08, 16:27
I agree. Self analyzation is a bummer. Think about other things. Do something spontaneous with the kids. Get out of your comfort zone. I wish you success.

becs
26-09-08, 19:59
thankyou everybody for your kind words it means the world took my son to karate and just got in and feel surprisingly calm also got a book from the library on panic attacks