PDA

View Full Version : Depression ?

Mikey123
26-09-08, 15:45
Hi Guys

I am new to the site and just needed a bit of help and a push in the right direction.

I am currently 21 and have been feeling low for about two years now. I have lost my confident and find it hard to talk to people generally. Over the last six months it has got reallly bad. I have problems sleeping, i get angery very quickly and cant look people in the eye. I feel low all the time, i have already lost my job, got my self into dept and lost all my friends. I never answer my phone and completely lost my motivation to do anything. however on the odd occasion like once a month i have the moviation and do really well, i currently have a new job and want to impress to get a promition but need to sort myself out first. Any ideas

Thanks

keepemlaughing
26-09-08, 16:13
Go see a doctor and tell him everything you just told us. Maybe you do suffer from anxiety, which in turn causes the depression. At least you have come to the right place for encouragement. Good luck.

titch
26-09-08, 17:24
i totally agree..go to your docs hun..this site will help ypu alot as it has me..ifyou ever ned to talk pm me anytime..take care...welcome...xx:welcome:

jodie
27-09-08, 13:12
hiya mikey

sorry your not feeling so good

you need to go talk to your doctor about things and get all the help they will offer you ,a lot of us get the feeling of no motivation and depression and it is so hard to live with but the best thing you can do is to go seek the help you need to get you back on track.
take a look round the forum there is lots of things that might help here to even if just talking to people who feel the same

jodie xx

Dazza
27-09-08, 16:55
Yep - Once you reach out for help, things tend to start changing then. I had exactly the same sypmtoms as you about 10 years ago...was really depressed. but after making some big life changes, I recovered!

Reaching out for help is an important step.

My advice: see your GP / ask for counselling, and make full use of this website...you really don't have to suffer in silence.