PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had panic that lasts for multiple days?

gerdy
26-09-08, 16:34
Hi. this is my first time on the site and I'm just interested to see if anyone has had panic that lasts for several days. I am 26 years old and was diagnosed with panic disorder about a year ago. I've been having attacks since I was 19, but 2 years ago had one that lasted 2 weeks! I guess I can't call it an "attack", it was more of a general state of anxiety/panic and I just didn't feel like myself. It happened again last year (around the same time of year) and unfortunately, it's happening again right now (started 3 days ago, pretty bad right now). I just can't seem to snap out of the feeling. I know it will go away, but when? Please help if you've experienced anything like this!

yorkylover
26-09-08, 16:39
Hi and :welcome: When I had my last major PA the symptoms went on for two weeks or more and then slowly settled down.:hugs: you will get lots of support here,and friendly advise.:hugs:

Missy69
26-09-08, 16:47
Welcome Girdy,
I have had intense anxiety syptoms that have lasted for well over two weeks, they will eventualy subside, and i knows its horrid until they do. Hope you feel better soon, take care Sarah x

gerdy
26-09-08, 17:28
It's nice to know that other people have had this long-lasting panic. Any suggestions on how to get through it? Last time, I just woke up one day and it was gone.

gerdy
26-09-08, 17:48
Isn't it strange that it only happens for me once a year, always in the Fall?

milly jones
28-09-08, 23:18
welcome to our nmp family

love milly xx :blush:

pooh
28-09-08, 23:46
Hi there and welcome to NMP

Im sure there will be answers abound in the forum

Pooh x

yor5150
28-09-08, 23:47
I've been experiencing panic and anxiety for two weeks now which coincided with starting Lexapro and the economic crisis. It's been a rough two weeks.

God Bless us all.