PDA

View Full Version : I Told Them!

Stressed92
26-09-08, 19:27
Hiiya
Not sure if this is a success, but I just wanted to write it somewhere:)
I have had a fear of fainting since i was about 6 (15 now) and today I finally plucked up the courage to tell my mum. She didn't know before today, so i feel better to get it off my chest. :yesyes: I also told my sisters the other day too:D. I have told them not to tell anyone else though, as I dont want everyone knowing. She says the treatment for panic attacks and anxiety is probably the same as the treatment I would get for my fear. Does anyone think it makes a difference?
Take care
Amy
x

bottleblond
26-09-08, 19:30
Hi Amy

Well done for telling you mum, i bet you feel loads better just getting it off you chest.

Certainly have a word with your GP and they will point you in the right direction treatment wise.

Good luck and well done again! :yesyes:

Love Lisa
xx

Anxious_gal
27-09-08, 04:36
aw thats really good:D !
do you have anxiety or is all your anxiety caused just by your fear of fainting?

Davvid
27-09-08, 08:33
Good !. By telling someone you're facing it and that will help you recover.

Stressed92
27-09-08, 11:32
:D
I have started getting counselling Lisa, but my counsellor doesn't know about my fear, just my panic attacks. I don't really want to tell her :S
And Mishel, I have had anxiety for about 2/3 years, so i think it was caused by my fear as it was worst around that time. It's such a pain having to think about how I feel all the time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover?? I think the exposure therapy I'm having is helping a bit, but any other ideas?
Take care
Amy
x

Dazza
27-09-08, 15:06
Well done Amy!

It must have been such a relief for you to finally tell your mum. Excellent news!