PDA

View Full Version : Food Therapy

BexieB
26-09-08, 21:23
Has anyone ever tried a change in diet as therapy? We hear a lot about cutting out sugar, caffine etc. Has anyone really gone for it and cut out the bad stuff, or noticed any mood changes with diet modification? It makes sense that if you put rubbish in your body, you ain't going to feel all that great.

bab
26-09-08, 22:06
Hi Robot

I have just started weight watchers and therefore cutting out lotsof sugar as i was eating so much crap, I have def felt an improvement in my mood for it as well

Anna C
26-09-08, 22:22
Hi,
I think its a really good idea, I have tried to eat more fruit and veg, and drink water. Also going to try exercise!!! :ohmy:

I still eat alot of stuff I shouldn't, so does anyone have any tips on healthy eating?:)

I can't bring myself to give up my cups of tea!:D

Anna xx

bab
26-09-08, 22:25
Not that im the best at following my own advice but I think if you eat healthily most of the time a little bit of what u fancy does you good - a sometimes we all need a good cup of tea xx

celia davies
26-09-08, 22:33
Tea is the worst thing 2 have because it speed up ur heartrate everytime i have it i get palpatations,exercise always makes u feel good because it releases something in the brain so does chocalate the paramedics told me that wen i called them out i was having a major panic attack thought i was dyin xx

keepemlaughing
26-09-08, 23:02
I just read an article about eating raw food ONLY. Fruits veggies, nuts, grains. A woman lost 160 lbs in 6 months. I would love to try it. She was also a mental case before. She is now a social butterfly

Veronica H
27-09-08, 14:41
Hi Robot

I find 'moderation in all things' a better way forward than diets, as I tend to crave things if I cut them out all together. A world without chocolate :weep: does not bare thinking about.
I think many here agree though that too much caffeine is very bad for anxiety sufferers.

Veronica

orangeblossom
27-09-08, 20:31
Yes, totally agree with Veronica about the caffeine - I've cut it out of my diet completely as it makes me feel more anxious. I'm trying to slowly reduce the amount of sugar I eat as well as eat more fruit/veg/whole grains instead of junk. I put on so much weight stuffing myself with junk and making myself more anxious! Actually, I'm finding that doing light exercise and walking is also helping me to decrease my anxiety... so, good food and exercise genuinely do make a difference.. lol!

BexieB
28-09-08, 11:35
Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I've decided to make a real effort to cut out sugar and caffine, generally eat well and exercise. I'm really curious to see if it makes any difference. I'm two days with no caffine and with very little sugar and my head is splitting, must be some sort of withdrawal. I'll post now I get on.

Luv to all :yesyes:

steveo
28-09-08, 12:13
I have cut out caffine 100%. If you dont do anything else to change your diet, at least do this. I am on a healthy eating plan. Im not overweight (if anything im slightly under) but I want to feel better in myself and its worked. I have cut out smoking, alcohol and fatty foods. Replaced it with making a fresh smoothie each morning and more veggies! I feel a load better for doing it!

lou77
28-09-08, 20:42
i have finally managed to cut out caffeine totally and it has made a difference to my panic attacks,wasnt easy,im a student so was always guzzling coffee,red bull and relentless to stay awake to keep up with study and work,didnt think i could live without it but it has really helped reduce my attacks. withdrawing from it was awful! headaches and soooo tired all the time but it is worth it! Also always carry oranges,raisins or some type of fruit and veg with me to nibble on,not only trying to stay healthy but sometimes just the process of peeling an orange or nibbling some fruit helps calm me down. hope some of this advice helps you!