PDA

View Full Version : strange symptom

LisaT
27-09-08, 09:34
yesterday after recovering froma mild panic attack I suddenly felt like I was falling away from my body almost like the life was draining outa me, I jumped up and it passed, its been on my mind ever since and its like I'm afraid to relax to deeply in case it happens again, what if i didn't snap out of it? what if it happens when I'm driving? I'm really scared

jill
28-09-08, 01:36
Hi hun, :D:hugs:

It sounds to me like you sat down and started to relax, you may have even started drifting into sleep mode, but because at this present moment in time your are noticing every little change in your body, your felt this relax or sleep mode come on, never understood what was going on, so you feared it. The FACT that you jumped up and it passed says to me, that this is the case, you taking far to much notice of how your body is feeling, allthough this is normal for people who suffer anxiety to notice body changes, you will find, lots of people on here will do this, it can be very scary, but harmless.

Ohh hun, you will not do this while driving, YOU ARE far to good a driver and stay focust on what you are doing.

Hunny, please, try and learn to relax, try and help yourself to understand the mode our body goes into, all our musculs relax and we can feel heavy, but an anxiety suffer will interprite this to a more scary thing, again, this is normal for an anxiety suffer to think negative from a feeling in there body.

I know your scared hun, but please, try not to fear it, this will only fuel your anxiety, it feeds on our fears hun, learn how to relax, have you got any relxation cd's, they do help.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

pinkpiglet
28-09-08, 11:27
Jill has said it all! listen to her advice. It is correct! Isnt it funny how we can be scared by even the nicest of feelings, i am frightened to go for a massage which my mum has booked for me incase i am frightened by the calm, relaxed feelings. Are we daft or what???

feels_like_home
28-09-08, 13:17
This has happened to me before. It is just your body relaxing and you being really aware of it.
Take care.
Michelle

LisaT
29-09-08, 09:03
Thanks all, your so helpful, that makes a lot of sense