PDA

View Full Version : Success on Citalopram

Bunnah
27-09-08, 10:45
Hi guys..

I posted before, and then I deleted my post when I was trying to edit it. New to all of this!

Ive been on 10 mills for anxiety and depression now for 5 days. I had some dry mouth, and the first day I felt a little bit sick and somewhat dizzy. I take them in the morning, so I do get tired at around 5 PM. I have had no odd dreams, no tremors,no headache no sickness. I did however stay up last night yapping with my best mate till 3 AM, because I was so cheerful.

I feel lighter, less anxious, more able to laugh. I feel a sense of well being that I have not felt for over a year.

I hope if you are afraid of taking these drugs because of the side effects, that you may find you don't get any at all, or very litttle.

I will update in a few days, and let you know how I am getting on.

Bye for now :)

hopeful
29-09-08, 11:03
Glad the're working for you.Most people don't feel better for the first week or so.I felt better once I'd increased the dose.
Keep us posted.
julie x:hugs:

Bunnah
02-10-08, 13:33
Hi Julie and the rest..

Still feeling ok on 10 mils, and its been 8 days.

The only side effects that I have had at all are some mornings my stomach feels slightly nauseous and my sleeping is very, very deep.

I did have some anxiety today, but that was fully self-induced as I had a few glasses of wine last night. Yes, stupid I know and I wont be doing that again.

I am going to continue, and see my Doc at the end of next week as I think I may increase the dose, but lest see what she says first.

B x x x

nanny
02-10-08, 13:41
Hi Bunnah

You may find in the next week that your anxiety levels will rise slightly with these meds, (they might not) but it's one of the side affects and nothing to worry about. Usualy after around 2 weeks all settle down and you'll feel heaps better....i did:yesyes:

Hope you continue to feel fine

Bunnah
04-10-08, 15:05
Thanks Nanny... I am getting some WHOA moments. Nothing I cant handle, but its more like.. an hour or two rather then all day feeling awful. I cant say its fun, however, I wake up every morning feeling really good. I dont feel that thing.. the oh sh*t, how am I going to get through this today type feeling.

I've been on them for 11 days, and I am willing to put up with a few off moments and let the drugs settle in.

All in all, better days.

B x

** edit ** sorry, I made it sound like I was feeling awful all day. Thats what it *used* to be like. soz.