PDA

View Full Version : Where do i belong

EmmaJane
26-05-05, 17:03
I put a post in earlier. But I feel i need to ask some advice. Im not sure what is going on in my head. I want to get better and some/most days I feel so positive now. Problem ive got is, I find a lump etc on me. Then I work out that its hormonal, not as bad as I thought or not even thre at all unless I really look HARD.

Thats ties me over for 5 minutes, then I feel i need to check again and again, and so it goes on. It is then constantly in my head and I end up a wreck. Does anyone feel like this and what steps can we take to get over it.

Is that Health Anxiety, OCD or whatever else. Im very confused, and annoyed with myself. Its as if i feel im not allowed to be happy and im waiting for something to be wrong with me.

Ive gone on a bit and this probably sounds silly, but im gonna post it anyway.

Thank you

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Emmie
26-05-05, 19:04
Hi Emma,
I replied to your other post too so i hope you felt a little reassured.
I have exactly this problem-i think something is wrong and then i talk myself out of it but then it will come into my head again and i cant get away from it. I think like this about most thing-not just illnesses. It could be something somebody has said to me or something ive done-just general worrying, then talking myself out of it and then worrying again. I've often thought its kind of a mental ocd! I know how you feel because its so exhausting to be thinking and worrying all the time. I have to actually tell myself in my head to relax and then try to concentrate on other things. I've found it doesnt really happen when im at work and busy doing things. As soon as im on my own i just feel like bashing my head against a brick wall to get rid of the thoughts! lol
I know this isnt a particularly positive response but i just wanted you to know you're not alone.
Take care
Em xx

EmmaJane
26-05-05, 19:16
Hi Em,

Thanks for replying, it is so annoying I find. Have you got MSN, maybe we could have a chat and help each other?

PM it to me if you like

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Meg
26-05-05, 19:19
EmmaJane

**I want to get better and some/most days I feel so positive now.**

Take heart in teh progress you ahve made and that it won't be cured overnight as you've a lot of retraining of the brain to do.

By rationializing the lump was hormonal thata already good -so well done.

You now need to hold that thought and not allow yourself to obsess and go down the spiral of 'what if' and think in extremes.. always ending up concentrating on the worst case scenario .

Plan B is if the lump etc is still there in x days without any disappearing days then you will visit the doctor and have it checked by the GP.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Emmie
26-05-05, 19:49
Hi emma,
i think i PM'd you properly! lol Let me know if not.
Take care
Em x