PDA

View Full Version : pounding heartbeats

donna lou
27-09-08, 16:26
hi everyone
i suffer everyday with lightheadedness & dizziness but sometimes i can be relaxing & suddenly i start having fast heartbeats , i can even hear them, then it starts freaking me out & i don't undrestand why it starts sometimes when im not feeling panicky! i don't have it for days then it will just come out of the blue. sometimes it lasts for a while then other tmes its a few minutes.

does anyone else get these weird heartbeats from nowhere?

donna:)

celia davies
27-09-08, 17:58
Yes i always get these its a horrible thing 2 go through u think ur havin a heartatack its jst palpitations,can u also feel ur heartbeat in ur throat an like u cant breath?

amandaj
27-09-08, 18:38
i get this all the time and the dizziness is a nightmare also , even wake in night with the breathing probs so i know def how you feel

Anxious_gal
27-09-08, 20:24
hmm well i get hardpalpitations, anything can set them off.
i get that im relax and then i will get two or three fast hard heart beats,
i'm sure its nothing to worry about

LeeBee
28-09-08, 07:20
Hi donna, could they be ectopics, which is where your heart chucks in an extra heartbeat in between normal beats, then pauses, gives a hard beat then carries on a usual? Some people don't feel the extra beat but feel the pause and hard beat. I feel the extra beats more, and my heart feels like it's beating fast, and like it's "fluttering" in my chest. Sometimes it makes me want to cough, and when I do it usually stops. It always happens when I'm doing something quiet and non-stressful, like sitting around reading or chatting on the phone. Could that be what you're experiencing?

Andyroo
28-09-08, 08:11
i used to get them all the time .. somtimes it even felt like my heart was skipping beats.. after a year of funny heart beats it finally stoped bothering me.. it was Anxiety and i was paying way to much attention to it because i thought there was somthing wrong with my heart, but there wasnt i got the tests done to prove it. anyways funny heart beats dont bother me anymore.. my brains found new ways to tourture me hehe :wacko:

meemo
28-09-08, 09:09
Yep, get them too and just like you they seem to happen more when i am at rest - evening watching tv. I don't get so scared by them these days but i did and i still do sometimes when they are accompanied by a feeling of light headedness. It's not fun this anxiety thing is it

Dazza
28-09-08, 11:05
Yep - I have had them, they are very unpleasant. I've also had many tests done. I find that I am less worried by them, and they seem to happen less now, possibly as a result of worrying about them less.

if i go get them, then I try the breathing exercise.

donna lou
28-09-08, 11:24
Hi donna, could they be ectopics, which is where your heart chucks in an extra heartbeat in between normal beats, then pauses, gives a hard beat then carries on a usual? Some people don't feel the extra beat but feel the pause and hard beat. I feel the extra beats more, and my heart feels like it's beating fast, and like it's "fluttering" in my chest. Sometimes it makes me want to cough, and when I do it usually stops. It always happens when I'm doing something quiet and non-stressful, like sitting around reading or chatting on the phone. Could that be what you're experiencing?
hi i don,t feel anything other than really fast beats & i can feel my pulse all over my bodyits really scary sometimes then it'll just go back to normal!
donna