PDA

View Full Version : hello, new here!

charlotte-louise
27-09-08, 21:55
Just wanted to say Hello

I'm Charlotte , im 23 and im a sufferer of anxiety and depression

I have been suffering on and off since i was 16, but its only since i was 20 that i did something about it

My last episode was in January 2006,started after a burgular came into my parents house after my sons 1st birthday and stole my video camera and my digital camera, all for the sake of some heroin. 3 weeks later i moved house and started to freak out 4 days after we moved

i gradually got better with the help of my very good old doctor, and eventually stopped the meds (i was on citralopram 20mg)

I've been through some very trying times this year, and 2 weeks ago (tonight in fact) i woke up after about 3 hours of sleep, red hot, sweaty hands and feet , and it hasnt gone away since :(

Im worrying about everything and anything, inlcuding thinking i am some sort of pyschopath, and worried about my breathing as its quite wierd atm

Im back on meds, but this time on citralopram 10mg (dr has told me to up it to 20mg but im scared lol)

I keep telling people this is it for me, im loosing my hearing and my sight etc but thats because i read something about shallowed breathing and its scared me as i cant seem to regulate my breathing again

I have no appetite atm, and no interest in anything, i am on the verge of loosing my job! and i cant really afford to do that, but im too scared to go into work! :weep:

Im very clingy to family i wont let family members leave me this afternoon i have sat with my dad near enough all evening , my partner has just about had enough :doh:

My dr told me about this website so it hought id come and be nosey and i have decided to post!

Thats just a little bit about me

i hope i can find peace somewhere and stop this once again xx

Dazza
27-09-08, 22:06
Glad that you found us, and it's really interesting and good to know that your GP knew about this site!

You will find lots of useful info, advice and support here.

jodie
27-09-08, 22:07
hiya charlotte-louise
:welcome: to nmp

sorry you have had such a hard time of it .
have a look around the forum hun i am sure you will get lots of help and maybe makes new frends who know what your going through

jodie xxx

Veronica H
28-09-08, 13:04
Hi charlotte:welcome:. You are not going mad. Sight and hearing can be affected by anxiety which builds up tension, so don't let it phase you too much. Have you read Dr Claire Weekes book 'self help for your nerves'? If not, Iwould recommend it, as it explains what is happening to those of us with panic/anxiety so well. You can buy the book from the NMP shop.
You will find comfort and support here Charlotte.

Veronica

milly jones
28-09-08, 23:16
welcome to our nmp family

love milly xx :blush:

pooh
28-09-08, 23:47
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x