PDA

View Full Version : hi new here!!

laurajordan
27-09-08, 22:15
Hi Im laura, and i have been suffering a great deal with health anxiety for over 4 years now,
It started out with concentrating to swallow, which has then manifested into..fear of termional illness (such as HIV, used to be lung cancer)
-nausea
-constant panic
-checking every bruise,scratch etc.
-feeling sick majority of the time..(only since i had fear of terminal illness)
-chest pains
-bouts of IBS
-fatigue
-shakey feelings
-head feels like its in the clouds
-from time to time i feel like im not in my own body, (especially at the mall)
-tightness in chest
and others im sure......
i have looked into hypnosis for it aswell, so maybe soon when im done with the yoga and therapy, (start monday) i will be able to get my life back again.

jodie
27-09-08, 22:21
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

i am sure you will fine some good help on the forum and make new frends that will understand what you are going through

jodie xx

Patty
28-09-08, 01:42
Hi Laura,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

Anxious_gal
28-09-08, 05:40
:welcome: don't forget we have a chatroom too!:D

smurfette
28-09-08, 07:39
:welcome:to the NMP forum, Laura

Mandy
xx

Dazza
28-09-08, 10:34
Hi Laurajordan,

Great that you found us!

You will find lots of useful info, advice and support here.

It sounds like you are already taking proactive steps towards getting better: hypnotherapy (am trying that myself in a week or so), yoga, therapy etc. :)

Keep it up and let us know how you get on!

Welcome to the NMP family! :hugs:

lorac
28-09-08, 12:37
Hi Laura

Welcome to the site I am sure you will find some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

laurajordan
28-09-08, 16:33
Thank-you!!
Its a nice feeling to see your not alone in your own twisted thoughts, it gives me some relief,
Everyday is a struggle and it sucks cause i imagine how much im missing out on everyday with my son and family and it hurts alot...i cry alot now....when i first had it it was just regular anxiety..(tight chest,lump in throat,sweaty plams)
and now it is so so much worse........now i honestly think im dying,.....and im going crazy..cause i just want to be myself again...and wake up with nice thoughts!!
and since i googled...dizziness,fatigue,diarreha,...i was convinced i have aids....
and what else is scary is that..before i over ate to compensate..now i dont have an appetite.....which weight loss is also a symptom of hiv.....
this horrible thought consumes my mind every hour of every day!!

Lindalou64
28-09-08, 16:37
Hello Laura And Welcome , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

jodie
28-09-08, 16:38
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x

milly jones
28-09-08, 23:12
welcome to our nmp family

love milly xx :blush: