PDA

View Full Version : Dont Belong.... sick and tired

CarlNottm
27-09-08, 23:57
This is it, I have felt miserable the whole of my life, I have absolutly nothing to smile about, no friends no relationship, no money, no sex drive nothing. I have been in denial all these years believing that the world had it in for me but the truth is im just a person who isn't programmed to feel normal and so the loneliness will continue until the day I die that I am convinced. Ive tried everything but there is nothing I can do. Im on the outside on my own always looking in.

Veronica H
28-09-08, 13:48
Hi Carl
With so many negative thoughts overwhelming you, this looks like depression. Have you seen a GP? Do you take meds?Try not to let these thoughts in until you have sought some help for this. I recently read a good way to help you do this - imagine these thoughts are on a train passing through a station and you are on the platform,let the train pass through without boarding it. I know you feel hopeless right now, but hang in there. Let us know how things go.

Veronica

pinkpiglet
28-09-08, 13:50
Hi Carl. I have no money either so we have something in commom! lol
Have you spoke to a doctor about how you are feeling as it sounds to me as if you are or are becoming depressed. Many people who suffer with anxiety or depression find it hard to make or keep friendships and relationships going. This is, i guess because we are limited to what we can do and are often too busy dealing with our own issues to even care about anyone else. I think that once you have spoken to your doctor and got some advice you might start to feel better. You could then maybe look at joining some groups where you can get to know people. Here is a good place to start!
Keep your chin up!!

Hope 2
28-09-08, 19:18
Hey Carl

I have yearned for a sense of belonging for as long as I can remember. I have always acted the part when in groups/amongst others, but inside have felt like a noboby.

Only now am I addressing this. I honestly think you can find a way out of the way you are feeling, you just haven't come across it yet.

Please don't give up on you.
Cheerio Julia xx

JasonB
28-09-08, 19:27
Things can change. Nothing stays the same forever.

If you are feeling really low, i'd recommend giving yourself a break from your current environment if you can.

I can also highly recommend an audiobook called "Mindfulness for Beginners" by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Its also a book I believe, but the recording is far superior, and I believe you'd find a lot of good advice for getting you out of this hole.

Very best of luck to you man.

Oceangirl
28-09-08, 21:25
carl why dont u go on DLA ie dissabilty allowance and the money is good. Am sure youde qualify 4 it.

samc100
29-09-08, 13:44
carl why dont u go on DLA ie dissabilty allowance and the money is good. Am sure youde qualify 4 it.

Doesn't stop the anixety/the worries and give you much of a life though does it?

And the money ain't good.

P.S. Carl - are you still working away in the middle of nowhere or have you returned back home? Sorry you are feeling so very low at the moment. Have you spoken to your GP? Please do, don't like to think of you feeling so low and lonely.

CarlNottm
29-09-08, 16:53
Thanks for all the comments, and yeah still here in the middle of knowhere but at the end of the day we create our own lives and so i have only myself to blame.

thanks again
c

samc100
29-09-08, 21:11
Thanks for all the comments, and yeah still here in the middle of knowhere but at the end of the day we create our own lives and so i have only myself to blame.

thanks again
c

In that case Carl - you can change it :) . If you got this job then you can look for another job in a more suitable location for you. Hugs.