PDA

View Full Version : crying.

so jems like
28-09-08, 08:42
does anyone feel like they can't cry because they feel like they're going to get so overwhelmed? Do you feel like your chest is going to explode & be more frustrated?

Anxious_gal
28-09-08, 08:59
ya thats why i dont cry much, i get too overwhelmed n then hyperventilate,
but its probably good to cry instead of holding it all in which can then cause anxiety

pinkpiglet
28-09-08, 10:22
It sounds to me like you are in need of a good cry and holding back the tears can just make things worse. You need to let it all out and get whatever it is off your chest. Believe me, the longer you hold it back the harder it will be to cry altogether. I know that sometimes it is hard finding a place and time where you can be alone with your thoughts but you will have to make time for this and I guarantee you will feel better. Take care Chuck x

Hope 2
28-09-08, 20:09
Hi Jems

I very rarely cry, for similar reasons, and then it's only for a few seconds. I think it would do me good to let it all out, but I am scared of going mad. So yes, I know what you mean xx

Byeeee
Julia xx

ladybird64
28-09-08, 20:55
Hiya.

I don't like crying, when I do succumb to it I always feel worse afterwards so I have an internal battle to stop tears coming out.
It is probably the wrong way to deal with things (many people have told me this!) but I don't seem to gain anything from letting the tears flow.
It's strange, I understand why others need to cry to release tension and I think that's a good thing but when it comes to me I'll do anything possible to avoid the "weepies".
Maybe that's one of the reasons that the idea of counselling or baring my soul to anyone professional makes me worried..I hate the idea of being judged on my emotional state.
I know that is probably wrong also but I can't help it, that's just the way I am. Unfortunately! :blush: