PDA

View Full Version : freaked out

janeybaby25
28-09-08, 16:09
Hi, sorry didn't know what section to put this under but I was just pegging washing out & I got one of the pegs of the line & i thought someone was sharp on my thumb & looked & it was a medium sized brown spider & I am really freaked out now & worried it bit me & I am posioned. My thumb isn't swollen or anything but it was quite sharp on my thumb but I can't see any marks or anything on my skin. Really worried now, what should I do???

Meltdown
28-09-08, 17:09
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that there are no poisonous spiders in the UK.

I seem to remember reading that spiders can sometimes bite. I think maybe that is all that happened, but as they're not poisonous there's no need to worry.

The fact that there is no swelling or anything shows that no harm has been done.

Tom_M
28-09-08, 17:20
Hi janeybaby25

I wouldn't worry, spiders in the UK are not classed as dangerous. If you get a bite from one all that usually happens is that you get local swelling for a couple of days around the bite area.

Tom

janeybaby25
28-09-08, 17:21
thanks meltdown. I feel a bit better. I had funny feeling in my arm but its gone now, thinks its cos I have calmed down a bit though. My head feels all fuzzy though but this will be cos I panicked won't it?

Meltdown
28-09-08, 18:03
Oh yes!

Glad you're feeling better now!

freakedout
29-09-08, 00:59
Pesky spider,

I hope you are ok now janeybaby. I always hang my peg bag on my washing line and am sometimes scared there are spiders and wasps hiding in there. I also am a bit bothered that spiders hide in banana's I buy. I haven't been bitten or stung yet but it is really easy to get carried away with our thoughts isn't it.

I am glad you are ok,

Freaky