PDA

View Full Version : Strange Throat and Ear

petmad
28-09-08, 19:48
Hi all, you will probably think me silly but I am worried about this bad throat and weird ear I have had now for 2/3 weeks. Its not really painful, just when I swallow the right side of my throat feels tight and a bit sore. I also have a bit of earache and have felt really tender behind my right ear.
I have put off going to the docs as worry they will think me petty. But could it be an infection or something else. I always panic my symptoms of anything could be something more serious, I had hoped this would go away by itself but it doesn't seem to be!!
I hate to make a fuss and take up doctor appointments but I also worry when I am not feeling right!
Thankfully the citalopram has helped me a lot with anxiety, maybe why I have left the doctors for so long!!?
What do you think?

cthechick84
28-09-08, 20:16
I understand ur concerns hun, im having throat problems at the moment that my doctor has said is frm anxiety, but the last few days i have also had earche to so ill b going bakc to see my doctor on monday to make sure i dnt have an infection of anythink as there are alot of virus going round at the moment so i suggest u do the same. u shudnt feel bad about going to see your docotor as thats wot their for hun and ur mind will b put at rest once u do go. so relax and go and see ur doctor!!! anxiety can tense all ur muscles up and make ur throat feel tight but its best to see ur doctor so make sure u do. best wishes Chantel.xxxxxx

bottleblond
28-09-08, 20:54
Sweety

My son has the same at the moment and it's a virus. it's doing it's rounds! heard so many people on here tonight saying the same thing

Love Lisa
xxx